Aspire Z1-621G Touchscreen stops working

BiGGDaDDY9ER
BiGGDaDDY9ER Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought this a couple weeks ago and worked ok out of the box but didn't have alot of time to really play with it. When I did get time I wanted to play Microsoft Solitaire Collection to find out it wasn't installed on 8.1 however I am eligible to upgrade to 10 for free so I did. Upgrade all fine but after a few minutes of toying with it the touchscreen stopped working. So I asked cust support for help. They say it's Windows 10, I say but it WAS working on 10. They insist its windows 10 and tell me I'll need to reset the machine. So reluctantly I do and poof still no touchscreen. Couple days go by and a few reboots later and it worked again for a few minutes then gone again!!??!? So I try drivers, updates, support and nothing. Figure finally screw it I'll just go back to 10 since I enjoy it more plus my progress on solitaire is saved lol. Day after I upgraded for the 2nd time I'm sitting on the couch with my morning coffee while the pc finishes booting. Just on a whim I tell my youngest Zackary Optimus to touch the screen and see if it works and lo and behold IT DOES!!! My excitement was short lived as after 2 games of solitaire a little browsing and mixing a couple of 2pac tunes the touch screen stops yet again!!

Any ideas, suggestions, or help?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To help you install the touch screen drivers, please follow the link given below and select the chipset drivers:
    http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Hope this will help you.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do a Factory Recovery "Remove everything and reinstall Windows or if you have stuff you don't want to lose, Refresh your PC without affecting you files. Type Recovery in Windows search.