Aspire A7600U-UR24 Upgrade to Memory/Hard Drive.

Vsmoove
Vsmoove Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently purchased this touchscreen all-in-one from Costco and would like to upgrade the memory to 16 and maybe put in an SSD.  Is that possible on this machine?  Any instructions on how to do so?  Thanks.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

You'll find all informations about your A-I-O on the Crucial website.

France
  • Vsmoove
    Vsmoove Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks... this was very helpful... I read on the specs that "max" memory was 8gb... does that mean that I'm capped at what was shipped with the computer?

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Sorry for the delay!

I suppose you've read this Acer webpage (the maxi memory is 8Gb).

Your AIO has two memory slots and normally one memory stick of 8Gb DDR3L 1600MHz: 

Spoiler
    KN.8GB07.005SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600.KINGSTON
    KN.8GB0B.009SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600.SAMSUNG

You can check it with HWINFO64 portable version (no installation).

I've compared two models (sames motherboard, cpu and memory stick):

1- DQ.SL6AA.005 - Aspire 7600U-UR24 8Gb DDR3L 1600MHz

2- DQ.SL6AA.003 - Aspire 7600U-ER12 16Gb DDR3L 1600MHz

No problem, your AIO can support up to 16Gb.

France
  • avTronic
    avTronic Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi, did you ever upgarde your main drive to an SSD? If so, what did you do with the 32GB SSD built in (the one used for cache). I'm thinking of up gradding my main drive to SSD as well and wanted to see some benchmarks on the SSD performance. I bechmarked my 32GB built in SSD and the writes were not that impressice. I think it's a basic entry level SSD card so I'm thinking of even upgrading that one as well. 

I'm happy with 8GB of RAM but also wondering if you had luck upgrading that as well. I hope your still receiving emails from here or someone else can anser my questions.

Thanks,

Marc A.

• avTronic

Tinkerer

I'll second that. I recently upgraded to 16GB Ram with no issues and totally happy (I do intense rendereing with Premeire Pro and it uses up as much memory as I can allocat it. 

Hereis the link for the RAM I used:

http://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Ripjaws-F3-1600C9D-16GRSL-SO-DIMM-Dual-channel/dp/B00EOTYZOA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I'm still using the standard hard drive. Until the issues with Window 10 not installing, I'm not going to upgrade to an SSD.

-Marc

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Many people has Win 10 Issues, on upgradeing or updating, and many ways to work around that. 1. MS has offered a FREE Program (google) MediaCreationTool, it has links to MS for sure, which allows you to DL and make a Bootable USB or DVD with the latest FREE Version of Windows 10. if you have an issue with this. you can also use GIMAGEX (Free) and GUI, to a. Format the partition where you want Windows 10 b. open gimageX and chose /apply then follow easy to do, where to apply Windows 10. on any CLEAN Partition. reboot and MS will continue to setup your Windows 10. I changed my AU5-620 to Windows 10 No problem have also upgrade AU5-610 to Windows 10 No problem.
  • avTronic

Tinkerer

Thanks for the feedback Snuffy but that has already been tried as well as formatting the drive and partitioning prior to Full Install. You'll have to read back on this blog but this has been tackled from every angle by weekend warriors to repair shops and Acer and Microsoft techs. Paul1 has had his in the shop and his guy is close but still has not updated to see if it's resolved.
    It all boiles down to a video driver that Microsoft forces as an update but ends up blue screening the machine. We have all gotten as far a installing Windows 10 successfully and if the machine is left off the internet no issues. You can pull updates from another machine and update till the machine is completely up to date. Once the machine connects to the Internet Windows 10 updates the video driver (at least that is what it's been narrowed down to) and there is no control over this. You can turn off automatic updates and it still occurs and the BSOD.
    It's only this machine as far as I know. I have not seen this issue on any other blogs concerning any other Acer machine. Very frustrating for such a good and expensive machine. If I could I would send you mine just to see what you could do with it as a fresh pair of eyes is always a good thing but all of us on this blog can't be missing somethings obvious.

Thanks,
    Marc
  • Snuffy
    Then set the updates to delayed or set to let me chose. or lDownload but not install and he can chose what he wants to install.
  • avTronic

Tinkerer

Snuffy, I was quickly replying earlier on my phone and thought you were commenting on my other post from a different section. This section doesn't spell out the issues we all have been dealing with that are well dopcumented in the other section. If your interested check it out here:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Why-can-t-I-upgrade-my-Aspire-7600U-to-windows-10/td-p/381754

It's been going since last year but I only found it recently and posted on page 6. MAybe after glancing over it you might have some insight. 

Thanks,

Marc

• Snuffy
    I do understand that it seems to be a NVida Driver. and on the FORUM where thousands have issues with installing Windows 10. due to some driver issue, and yet the ability to still have a CLEAN Fast Install which needs NO INTERNET TO INSTALL & NEEDS NO DRIVER OTHER THAN WHAT MS USES AS DEFAULT. 1. Needs a 100% Clean Partition. 2. Needs a 100% Genuine MS ISO. 3. Needs source access to install.wim 3. Needs a bootable USB or Bootable DVD 4. All you need to know is exactly when to install (CLEAN Partition ONLY) 5. Boot to media when ask chose Advanced Repair --> then move to command prompt when at Command prompt type the following Dism /apply-image /imagefile:X:\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\ X=drive letter of bootable USB (this is normal) /applyDir:X:\ is the drive letter of your CLEAN BLANK Partition if needed BCDboot will change the Drive letter of you blank partition to C:\ so that you can reboot to an then let MS Setup (this needs NO external Drivers and does not need a internet (yes you have the option to allow or not allow) in the case of Driver Issue DO NOT SELECT ALLOW INTERNET ACCESS. you can do this later. bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: DISM is approved MS Command. and is a workaround for many issues that many Windows install has had for a very long time.... my average time for doing a DISM .apply is about 10m and on some slower older it might take 35m.