All-in-One "beeps" as blue light goes off and on when trying to wake it up

raendc
raendc Member Posts: 6 New User

I found that if I unplug from power, then it will wake up. It does not boot like it was shut down - it just comes up like it is waking up. Any ideas what is causing this?

Answers

• s2090
    s2090 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, I'm assuming you're waking your computer up from it's sleep. The beep usually indicates that either your battery is low and you need to connect your charger or the beep is notifying you that there is a charger connected when awaking your computer from sleep mode.

I hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Sean

• raendc
    raendc Member Posts: 6 New User

I am waking it up, but this is a desktop All In One 0 it is plugged in all the time. Only way I can get it to wake is by removing the power and then plug in again-then it wakes up.

• s2090
    s2090 Member Posts: 5 New User
    This could most likely be a devices issue on your Desktop PC, sometimes device error occurs with keyboards or mouse to wake the computer from sleep. Try unplugging any devices such as keyboard, mouse, usbs to your computer.

Restart your computer and replug your devices back in. If the issue persists you may need a factory reset.
  • ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon

The "wake up" portion of your chipset may be starting to fail.  The circuits involved are subject to repeated heat strees every time you "wake it up."  For this reason, even though it may take longer to do a full shut down and a full power up, I personally NEVER intentionally let my hardware sit 24/7 in a "ready" state.