Acer aspire Z3-605 Trying to factory reset

Pixie39
Pixie39 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives

I need help I need to factory reset my Acer aspire Z3-605 All-in-one-PC , I am locked out , I don't know my password and don't have to the old email account to change the password , I have called up and they gave these instructions but it's not working when I hold Alt key down and rapidly tap F10 nothing happens, I have been trying this over the last couple off days but nothing is happening , am I doing something wrong , can someone please help me the instructions are below that I got when I called up

a. Hold down the <Alt> key and tap the <F10> key rapidly as the unit starts up. If the Windows logo or the error screen appears, restart the computer to try again.
b. Hold the power button down as the unit loads Windows to turn the power off and interrupt the Windows loading. This only applies to Windows 8 and above.
i. Use Startup Repair to Restore Critical Windows Files
ii. Use System Restore to Revert to a Previous State
iii. Perform a Windows Refresh (Windows 8 and above only)
iv. Restore the Operating System to Factory Settings/Windows Reset

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you checked on BIOS if D2D recovery is enabled?

press Del key at boot to enter BIOS and check it, once done press F10 to save and exit

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Pixie39

Hi thank you for your reply how do I check that 

• Pixie39

Ok I found BIOS but can not figure out what D2D is 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

yes, D2D is missing on your BIOS...

which windows OS version is installed on your PC?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tellingitlikeitis
    Tellingitlikeitis Member Posts: 5 New User
    Yeah greetings all and to Mr Ironfly(not keen on iron butterfly? By chance?)
        Sorry if butting in but you seem to have a clue or two onAcer products? May I ask you for some assistance in a drawn out 6 week nightmare of losing ownership and all admin privaledge. Rendering my Aspire E1-522 W10 insider preview 17672  barely usable since update from 17666? Microsoft high level techs have spent 60+ hours remote assist to no effect, informing me Mon to buy another windows 10 and take to local tech??? How's that for excellent cust blowoff??