Acer ZC-700G is very slow.

Options
RobStutz
RobStutz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

When I turned on the computer, I noticed it was too slow. It took too long to install windows. Then I did the updates on windows 10, and it took almost 18 hours to update.
Even after the updates, the computer was still slow.

I started searching forums, discussions, articles and tips to improve speed but did not get any good results.

I realized that other people also had a problem with this, and it was never solved.

I think I'm going to give up

Roberto 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

There could be a hardware problems with the system that is causing this slow performance. Please contact your Acer support for assistance, from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• ddd
    ddd Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

Sometimes, old mechanical hard drives--the ones that spin--begin to fail.  They remain functional, but it is like time stands still.  About the only thing you can do is download HDtune.com, their free utility can either quick scan or long scan the entire hard drive.  If any sectors light up RED, then you know you have some problem areas.  If you get like 8-10 sectors, you know the drive is trashed.  You need to do a long scan.  Also, verify the number of errors in the SMART data tab.

Ideally, you should replace a spinning drive every 3-4 years.

Your other choice is reload the operating system.  But if you do that, you might as well replace the HD with a Samsung SSD.  Which will make your pc very fast.