Acer TC-605 + Windows 8.1 > HDMI > HD TV = Error

Options
CTD
CTD Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having problems connecting my 'Acer TC-605' Computer to an HD television.

The computer connects to another monitor via White Cable no problem.
(The HD television connects to an 'Acer Aspire 6930' laptop using 'Windows 7' with no problems.)

I'm using 'Windows 8.1' and an 'AMD Radeon R7 240' Graphics card and have tried changing settings under
ControlPanel > Display > ScreenResolution

After clicking 'Identify' The computer recognizes an external device is PLUGGED in but won't actually
recognize the TV. The television continues to flash "No Signal"
I've also tried unplugging and restarting, still "No Signal"

The Television in question is an 'LG 32LG30-UD'

Do I need to install an addistional Driver?

Windows 8.1 / Acer TC-605 > HDMI > HD Television = Error

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Please try with another HDMI cable.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I use Driver Manager to keep my systems with a "clean" driver structure.  It may be worth it to get a subscription.  I have four Acer computers, an old XP laptop, a Window Vista desktop, an All-in-One, and a "refurb" TC-605 running Windows 7 Home Premium.  In my experience quite a number of the Acer supplied and supportsite based drivers are not the "most current" for many of these machines.  Acer seems to stop posting dirver updates to their web the minute a machine has gone off production lines! 

Since there are now HDMI 1.0, 2.0, and 3.x standards for cables and interfaces, you do need to check to be sure there is not a problem on either end of the cable.  I do not know what "standard" the HDMI port on your computer or your TV actually respects, but most cables will work since the basic connector and wire components have not changed enough to make the cables obsolete.  Given the years of Manufacture for the TC-605, it is possible that the chipset support for HDMI on the Acer is either HDMI.1 or HDMI.2, but it may not be HDMI.3 which is needed for super high resoutions, but has changed little for resolutions supported by Windows software.