Acer Aspire Z5761 startup problem

Options
shiree
shiree Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire Z5761 All In One PC , and am looking to know if anyone out there has this model unit and struck the same problem as I and found a way to fix it.

Everytime I power up my unit it trys to start but within  a few seconds a click sound appears and screen doesn't light up at all . I did manage to be a clever girl and take the back off , checked to see if any wirers were off or come lose as well as check the ram all seems okay there. I plug power in turn on unit could see the fans are working and blue lights working but within a second or so lights go out I heard a click sound when that happened . Don't think its the power unit as if it was wouldn't the fans stop working . Screen just won't light up at all , have also tried to run another monitor in the VGA port of this machine it to won't light up . I would be very gratefull if someone can pin point this problem for me I am the kind of girl that will try my hand at anything with a little help. Thank-you.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may check if the click sound is from the hard disk, reseat the memory modules by removing and inserting it again.
    Also, reseat the hard disk cables. Disconnect the hard disk cable and power ON the computer to check if you get any display.  If the click sound is from the hard disk or any other internal device it could be a hardware issue.
    Here's the weblink to  contact Australian technical support  Service & Support

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• shiree
    shiree Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank-you