Acer Aspire Z5761: High pitch sound when it turns on and not much else.

Options
daniel376
daniel376 Member Posts: 1 New User

Ok, so our Acer Aspire Z5761 will not turn on like it should. When it is plugged in and the power button is pressed, the blue LED strip lights up (as it does) then it will just make a high monotonous sound until it is turned off with a flash of the backlight after about 1 minute that lasts 10 seconds or so. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix it or is it beyond repair?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

This seems to be an issue with internal hardwrae.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

My Acer Aspire Z3731 All in One did that after I put a pair of additional RAM chips in the expansion slots attempting to go from 4gb to the maximum 8gb supported by the motherboard and BIOS.  I ended up having to replace the 1TB hard drive with a new one, and reverting to the original memory chips before it went away.  Since then, I have attempted to install a different pair of reportedly "compatible" RAM chips with no success.  However, the "beeping" which characterized my initial situation went away.  The system simply "sits there" when new RAM is in the expansion slots and my only solution has been to hold down the power button until the power goes off, and then remove the extra RAM before trying to turn it on again.  The first question is: How old is your hard drive, and have you recently done anything to disturb it.  Mine in service since the machine was deliverd, and it had been reliable until I moved the machine and opened the case, thereby shifting its' position repeatedly and probably shocking it a little bit trying to release the plastic tabs that held the back on the case.  I have had other hard drives fail when "jostled" after years of reliable service.

[edited formatting]