Acer Aspire Z5761 All in One Desktop Problems

Options
beanie92
beanie92 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hey, 

My Mate has a Acer Aspire all in one desktop, when he goes to turn it on it beeps then black screens and nothing happens?

what is causing this and is there a way to fix it?

thanks 

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

The issue may be related to the HDD or motherboard. I would suggest trying to get into the BIOS by pressing the DEL key as soon as you power the computer on. If, that fails, it may suggest there is a hardware issue, potentially the motherboard and would require repair.

• beanie92
    beanie92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i can get into the bios but what do i do when im in there 

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Look and see if the HDD is listed on the information tab or see if it is listed on the Boot tab. If you see IDE0 or HDD0 and nothing beside it, then that would indicate the HDD is not being detected and would need to be replaced.

If that HDD is being detected you should see a model name/number next to it or listed on the Information tab. If the HDD is detected you could try formating the HDD using third party software and reinstall the operating system using recovery media.

• andif
    andif Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Did this get fixed? i am currently working on an ACER z5761 which has a known fault for powering up and just hitting a black screen and won't go any further. When I remove the RAM the MB beeps for RAM so thats good. I removed the HDD and powered up, sure enough it displays no OS. Before this it wouldn't even display the Splash screen. Then I put the HDD back on and bang it reboots every time! Looked for a BIOS update but the flash file available is exactly the same. Any ideas to stop this from happening again? Also I am downloading recovery discs but i fear they are incomplete. Anyone got or can make recovery disks for me?

Thanks