Acer Aspire Z1-622 WLAN Driver Not Working (Win 8.1)

Options
pwr
pwr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a 10 of these all in one's which currently can't connect to our network wirelessly.

This only seems to be a problem since downgrading them to Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64.

The operating system that originally came with them was Win 10, and the wireless worked.

I’ve used number of different drivers, the 8.1 WLAN drivers recommended from Acer's website and tried previous versions of that driver, but to no success.

I've also looked to see if any of the other drivers were missing, like the chipset etc but all seemed to be installed and working correctly.

One last thing, the Win 8.1 WLAN drivers I tried from Acers website, I can get it to install, but then no signal bar appears for me to connect it to a network.

I then checked in device manger and there’s a hazard symbol over the wireless adapter. Obviously tried updating the driver from there, disabling / enabling it etc.

Am I missing something, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any input. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you please report the wireless adapter model?

double click the wireless adapter and read which kind of error is reported.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pwr
    Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Message (Device Status) I'm getting is

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device."

I cant find what the adapter model anywhere. I have the device manger hardware ids? PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_004&SUBSYS_08A611AD&REV_31.

Thanks again.

• IronFly
    Options

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2653&lang=en

100% secure website

download, unzip and run the installer if any or do a manual driver install

• pwr
    Options

Thanks for your help

Unfortunatly it doesnt fix the issue. The driver you suggested is a different version of the suggested driver from Acers website.

The exe runs, asks me if I want to update the driver, I do but nothing happens.

It's wierd because on Acers website, when I clicked to download the bluetooth driver, it's the same driver as the one in the WLAN section. I know that the adapter may be used to handle both wireless and bluetooth, but it's almost like I'm missing something.

I cant believe no one else has had this problem with win 8.1 and this all in one. I know it's not the machine because I have ten of them facing the same issue.

Thanks again.

• IronFly
    Options

any antivirus installed?

can you please try a manual driver install?

check if in the downloaded drivers there's a folder called Drivers and point to this.

try to uninstall wifi adapter from Device manager too.

right click it and choose to uninstall the device and to uninstall software too if prompted, then reboot