Acer Aspire U5-610 has a blank screen after powering up

JDave
JDave Member Posts: 2 New User

i've recently replaced the motherboard in my U5-610 computer because the old one fried all of a sudden, and it powers up just fine, but all i get is a blank screen. i have tried to look all over the internet for a problem like this but i haven't gotten anything except reviews for the unit as a whole. any suggestions as to what i can do?

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Sorry your having problems with your system.... 

So when you say that you replaced your MB, You bought a used or NEW MB of like Acer Kind? INstalled your hardware on your new MB, Going off the system I know,,, 

YOu took out the old MB, Removed the 16gb Ram, i7 CPU disconnected all the SATA, Your GTX760M GPU. Then installed your NEW (Same part # MB) back in your case, INstalled all items removed, RAM, CPU, sata Cables, the GPU, put it all back with wires to where they were on the old MB Put everything back together, Rebooted your system into Bios? So your system can update the bios with hardware that you have from the old system.... Saved Bios and then tried to load your windows or What ever (OS) your using?

Can you see the Acer Logo at start up? Can you load Bios? If you have done them things. The hardest part is have you tried to do a system Restore?

I guess by now I would assume you have had this back up and running? Sorry I don't get to the ALL-In-One section to often.. 

James

• JDave
    JDave Member Posts: 2 New User
    @RevoMaxx i bought a new one of the acer kind, same serial number and everything
    i didn't modify anything except pull the connections out and the RAM cards out and put everything back in after i put in the new motherboard

the computer turns on just fine, but theres no acer screen or anything that pops up, its just a black screen
    i dont know how to load up the BIOS and haven't tried a system restore
    it was originally a windows 8 computer then i upgraded to the free windows 10 upgrade a few months back and the whole system worked fine without a problem

i dont have it back up and running, but i've since got a new computer
    i would still like to know if theres a solution to my problem, however, and if we cant send the new motherboard back for a refund, then its always good to have another system around just in case
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

OK understand. Thank you for clearing that up for me... 

I would say try a few things and see if these things help...

If your not getting the Acer logo, I would say that maybe there is something that isn't seated right? Maybe the CPU, isn't in the right spot. Or maybe there is a bad or bent PIN? CPU pinless but there are small pins in the socket.... Also if it was sent to you without a CPU or CPU cover in place it could have something that is makeing it not sit!

Then the Ram. I know it is the same MB but maybe take the ram out and try with 1 stick swap them in different sockets.... make sure they were Seated right.... At times we can think they are in because we don't want to push hard enough and they don't really seat right! I would try and reseat them as well... Maybe try RAM first seeing no Thermal Grease to play with. If reseating them don't work then look at the CPU socket and try an reseat that... Are you getting a Post Beep or anything saying that it is running? Or you just see the fans running so that is why you say the system comes on?

James