Acer Aspire AZ3-605 black screen when coming out of sleep mode

Options
HHflier
HHflier Member Posts: 8 New User

My all-in-one sometimes comes back with a mainly black screen (some flashing cursor but all over the place) after coming out of Sleep mode.  Only way that I have found to recover is to do a forced shut down by holding in the power button, and then restarting from scratch.  This has only happened in the last month or so.  I have had the all-in-one for over a year.  Can anyone suggest a solution.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi HHflier,

Generally, this is an issue that can occur within Windows and is an early sign of the operating system being corrupted which does happen to all systems, and doens't mean you're on a limited time crunch until your system has a catastrophic failure, but it may be a good time to start backing up your personal data as you can, and preparing to recovery the system. This would resolve your sleep/wake issue and keep your device in best working order.

Here is a video on how to perform the recovery when ready: https://youtu.be/oFaFnRiwCiE

With that said, is there another solution, possibly, but there are a lot of variables that could be causing the issue you're experiencing, and the recovery will take care of any and all of them. Hopefully if someone else has a better suggestion they'll come and share with both of us.

Hope this helps,

Cory