Acer Aspire 5600U All in One boots to black screen

paulmchavez
paulmchavez Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2018 in All-In-One PCs

Hello,

I am looking for some Acer Community help on an issue my Acer all-in-one has had for quite some time.  My Model is the Acer Aspire 5600U with 6GB of Ram and running WIndows 8.1.

For several months, my Acer All-in-one boots up first time of the day to a blankdark screen with all Windows 8.1 preparations already loading up in the background.  If I want to see the Windows 8.1 Desktop or Start Screen after several minutes, I have to TapClick the On Screen Display (OSD) Button the on side of the screen 2 times to toggle the default display back to "PC Mode".  For the most part this happens on every single PC startup of WIndows 8.1 and I do not know if it is a Intel Graphics driver issue or not.  From time to time, the Desktop will turn back to a dark/black screen like a power screen saving mode it will not recover from. I have turned off all HDD sleep/shutdown and screen timeout features to Never for display settings.  As far as I can tell I am up to date on all Windows 8.1 recommended updates.

Any ideas out there? Starting to get real frustrated with this issues and this All-in_one is out of warranty right now, about 2 years old.  I am not EVEN going to discuss my aweful AnswersBy third party support experience from 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the help!

Paul

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Hi Paul,

have you already installed the latest Intel VGA drivers available on Acer website?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_15.33.2.64.3282_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635168085031978777&Step1=ALL-IN-ONE&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205600U&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

i suggest you to first uninstall the Intel drivers from your system, reboot and then install this package.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • paulmchavez

Ironfly,

Thanks for the suggestion, the drivers that I currently had installed were a few versions newer than the package driver link your provided.  I did roll back the video drivers, at least attenpted to, the screen again refrshed on its own a few times, as it went through resolution adjustements and then went blank/black again, and after a few boot up atempts, I am back to square one.

I have recently updated by Acer restore USB 16GB thumb drive, so I am going to attempt a factory restore next after some backups.  I will post on how that goes!

Paul

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ok, waiting for some news.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • paulmchavez

I think I am still in the same boat with this video glitch.  I performed a Acer System Restore to factor defaults and settings for Windows 8, and allthough it improved the boot and overall speed of the All-In-One, I am still having video "cut out" issues.  It appears that if the Windows 8 boots up and sits idle for a while and I walk away and come back to push the Onscreen Display Button twice, the "PC Input" gray icon will show up and the Desktop Background will pop right up.  If I am impatient, and start pushing the OSD button too early, the Desktop Background shows up for a split second, the goes back to a black screen.  I can also hear the standby speaker volume go up and down as I am attempting to switch inputs.

Is there anyway to disable all other Video outputs/inputs to just PC to avoid HDMI feeds?

Paul

• paulmchavez

Just an additional Follow-up, I did find a newer graphics card for my INtel HD Graphics 4000 card from the Intel web site that I am going to load this evening.  I will see if this fixes the Black screen on boot-up for WIndows 8.1.  I am back to version 8.1 of Windows after all applied updates.  This Intel driver is dated 1-15-2015.

Paul

• HAYWIRE17
    HAYWIRE17 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same issue here, just started doing it press the osd button can see screen its like a translucent display. this thing has only been used a dozen times have lost everything on reinstalls sometimes it works for a couple days no problems then bam back to black screen,tried updating bios, video driver, 
  • Lcr
    Lcr Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm saving thebsame issue here, any update about the solution??
  • Lcr
    Lcr Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm saving the same issue here, any update abput 
  • anthony9
    anthony9 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did it work for anyone? 
  • Cnolan44
    Cnolan44 Member Posts: 1 New User
    5600U Same here except now the black screen is eternal. I guess it is gone.