ACERAC AZ3 ~ HELP

Options
iwilldefy
iwilldefy Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having several issues with my new ACERAC AZ3 all in one touch screen desktop.

The graphics card kept crashing and recovering so…

I decided to Google and turns out it’s a common problem. Did a little more digging and tried adding a registry key under the impression that it may help but not for long.

It was helping then the whole entire unit started freezing and control alt delete did no good so I had to manually power it off then back on.

So, I removed the registry key I added and now both problems are present, graphics crashing and entire PC freezing.

I’m not a PC guru by any means but I can find my way around and I’m 99.9% certain I’m not at fault.

In the midst of all this, called Acer Tech support and they told me to do a full restore, figuring it wouldn’t make a difference which it didn’t I did it anyhow, ugh outsourced reps!

Called Acer and have yet to bring the entire PC freezing to their attention.

Meanwhile, while waiting for Money Hungry dumb rear Microsoft to get with the program, I can’t install any windows updates because I’m stuck on Defender, another known issue.

I understand the woes with the graphic card crashing and the defender update issue though now I am more concerned with the entire PC wigging out.

I’d say it happens when I’m surfing the net.

Thoughts are appreciated and thanks much!

Also, screen will just go black, sound shuts off too but then pops back up randomly...noticed another user has the same issue.

I keep on randomly hearing a beep noise too.

Answers

• Asdfguy86
    Asdfguy86 Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

This sounds pretty bad-I think you might need a whole new motherboard for this issue.