ACER aspire ZC-107 won't start

Options
boldee1
boldee1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

This is a relatively new computer (couple of months old, hardly used) - so quite upset it failed already.

When I try to turn it on, Nothing comes up on the screen - it remains black, and the little led on the power button flashes.

I suspect it is an issue with the BIOS, but I am not sure, I am unable to open the BIOS settings, the screen is just black and the computer fails to start up.

Acer suggested to unplug all connected devices and the power cord, press the power button for 20 seconds etc... I tried this, it did not resolve the problem. Acer now says to send it in for a repair, but I really do not want to loose all data on the computer. As you can imagine lot of family pictures about kids, wedding etc.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks a lot.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Without seeing the system, it is very hard to tell what the problem may be. I doubt it is with the BIOS though. My best suggestion is to send it for service. I understand the importance of data, so you may want to have your data backed up before sending it for repair, or contact support in your region to see if they have data recovery options or  if there are any options for returning your old hard drive if it needs to be replaced.