ACER DA220HQL Need to do a factory reset also need a new battery

okrobie
okrobie Member Posts: 4 New User

From the instruction manual I have learned how to do a factory reset, but my battery is no good so the prescribed method won't work. How do I get a new battery and how do I replace the old one? Thanks, Jim

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

why are you sure that factory reset and low battery are related?

your device is an All in one monitor, so it needs an AC adapter to run, not a battery.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • okrobie

Thanks Ironfly, Well, that's a good example of why I need a forum. Smiley Happy

The method of factory reset is to disconnect the power connector for 10 seconds and then reconnect .

I have tried that countless times without results.

NEWS ALERT!!!  I just tried it one more time and at least it updated the system clock and calendar. It still shows the same desktop photo and is asking for a password. Is there a default password?

I'm also trying another method but this tablet doesn't have a Volume Up button.

Maybe you can figure out a method from this. Thanks, Jim

1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    4. Once the tablet screen turns on, release the Volume up button.
    5. On the Select Boot Mode screen, select [SD Image Update Mode]. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    6. On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
    7. When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
    8. On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
    9. Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

• IronFly

i repeat, yours is not a tablet. Smiley Happy

it's a desktop PC in a monitor.

nope, no default password.

to factory reset:

settings/backup&reset - factory data reset

• okrobie

If I could get past the password, I could take your advice, but I bought this thing at a pawn shop "AS-IS" and am hoping to do a factory reset that will clear the password and everything else.

As I said, I have done the reset described in the manual and it seems to be working partially. As I perform this reset, it seems to be generating a crop of triangles in the taskbar area, but they don't respond to mouseclicks or anything else.Where do I go from here? Thanks, Jim

• IronFly

to be honest, i can't find any reference on taking off a battery in the user manual, to reset your device.

it's mentioned only that i posted.

if you mean this procedure:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30019/~/da220hql-android-smart-display-power-reset

it's only a power reset if your device frooze or it's stuck, not to reset to factory default.

and i think it's better you give back to the pawn shop your AIO or ask to contact the previous owner:

http://acer-sg.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29907/~/acer-da220hql-android-monitor-hardware-reset

• okrobie

Thanks IronFly, I'm glad you are keeping me focused Smiley Happy

if you mean this procedure:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30019/~/da220hql-android-smart-display-power-reset

it's only a power reset if your device frooze or it's stuck, not to reset to factory default.

That's the one I meant. Thanks for the clarification. I completely mis-understood.

and i think it's better you give back to the pawn shop your AIO or ask to contact the previous owner:

http://acer-sg.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29907/~/acer-da220hql-android-monitor-hardware-r...

When a pawn shop sells something "as-is" there is no going back. They cannot contact the previous owner. I'll try customer support.

Thanks again, Jim