ACER Aspire Z3-715 Display Driver Stops and recovers or window goes black

DD_moss
DD_moss Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Bought new June 2016 Acer All in One (not touch). Windows 10 Display Driver stops functioning and recovers and or the screen goes black and I have to shut down. Bought the system brand new June 4 2016. Help.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

which VGA driver crash on your system?

Intel or nVidia?

if it's Intel, try this:

windows logo key + x

Device manager

click on Display adater

right click on Intel graphic adapter

choose to unisntall and tick to uninstall software too

reboot and then let window update install new drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

which VGA driver crash on your system?

Intel or nVidia?

if it's Intel, try this:

windows logo key + x

Device manager

click on Display adater

right click on Intel graphic adapter

choose to unisntall and tick to uninstall software too

reboot and then let window update install new drivers

• DD_moss

It is Intel and will try.  I'll let you know if it works.  Thanks!

• DD_moss

So far so good!  Thank you!

• IronFly
    You welcome.
  • phyllisdeason
    phyllisdeason Member Posts: 2 New User

Mine does the same thing but it's the Nvidia driver that stops.  The window goes black and never restores.  I have to manually shut down and restart.  This happens two or three times a day and it's really annoying me.

• IronFly

you need to update nvidia drivers, if you already have  the Acer/nvidia driver, please try the latest from nvidia website.

• phyllisdeason
    phyllisdeason Member Posts: 2 New User

I had already updated the driver for nvidia but that didn't resolve the problem.  Then I disabled nvidia, something I read somewhere else.  Then Intel started doing the same thing. Updated the driver; didn't help.  Did a windows update check and learned that windows defender was preventing installation of windows updates.  Defender had stopped because I had AVG installed.  Removed AVG, Defender restarted, windows updates installed, checked display driver updates, both nvidia and intel, and both were up to date.  It's now been 24 hours and so far so good.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help!

• Boyscout10
    Boyscout10 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks for your reply. Just bought the Acer AZ3 and works great out of the box but a few times the screen went black. Once the Explorer bar (Mozilla) at top and task bar at bottom were visible and shut down correctly, other time the entire screen went black, shut down via the POWER button on side of monitor. Each time when rebooted the screen was back and worked fine for days. I updated both Intel and nVidia drivers from your directions (windows key + x). I will see how this works as I just finished.

• bluenaga
    bluenaga Member Posts: 1 New User

I uninstalled the intel driver as instructed and everything seemed to work fine for a couple days.  The device manager showed a generic VGA driver.  Windows however updated itself (and apparently updated the driver) and now I am back to the same problem but even worst.  Now when I uninstall the driver and restart the computer, the driver is automatically updated to the Intel HD Graphics 530 driver.  I even tried to rollback the driver to a previous version, but that did not work.  How to fix this?

I’d also like to point out that when the 530 driver is uninstalled the icons and fonts on the display revert back to the original small size (I had increased the font sizes).  However, after the driver updates to 530 they change back to the larger size.