A5600U-UB25 stuck in Acer screen boot loop

Options
frankenmolly
frankenmolly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So I have the all-in-one A5600U-UB25 because my grandmother did something to it where it won't go past the black screen with the green acer logo on it. I don't ever see anything else. When I power it on, it loads that screen with a beep, the numlock light on the keyboard comes on for about 2 seconds, then the keyboard light goes out and it stays on the acer screen for about 5 seconds, then boots up again with a beep. And that's all I can get it to do. I've tried tapping both F8 and F12, I've tried holding down Alt then tapping F8, and I've tried tapping the spacebar, all to no avail. I am willing to buy a new Windows 10 key and OS, but I don't want to spend the money on it yet unless I know I'll be able to get it to the Boot Menu to be able to load it from USB since there's no CD drive that I could find on the pc itself. Is there anyone who can help me out with this? I don't mind being told that I'm doing everything wrong, I just wanna figure out what's right and what will work.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone and everyone's help!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Since you're not sure what caused this you may want to try a refresh to restore it back to where it was before this happened. Steps on this are posted here:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34866/related/1

If the system will not restore it could be a hardware problem but if a refresh does not fix it, try the steps again and select Reset your PC. That option will erase the data and restore it back to factory configurations. If the system errors when you try either option, chances are the hard drive is bad and needs replacing. Hope this helps.