Acer Repair service

Options
targa72
targa72 Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Kudos to Acer repair service center. I sent my W510 out on a Tuesday and got it back a week later on a Friday. They replaced the HDMI socket, and it now works fine.

After saying that, there are some things everyone should do before shipping there unit to Acer. If you don’t have a DVD recovery disk make a system recovery on a USB thumb drive.

Before sending my W510 I upgraded the BIOS v1.51 and did a system recovery, so none of my programs or information was on it, except for a password for windows.

It came back with the old BIOS v1.01 and a bunch of batch file icons on the desktop with the technicians sign in name. So I thought it would be easier to do a clean install rather than change everything. Problem one the Acer Recovery Management program was not installed. Problem two the unit would not connect to the internet via my wifi to down load the program. Lucky for me I had a USB thumb drive with a system recovery on it.

So after about two hours I was up and running again. But now came the real kicker, windows want to be activated. It wanted a new product ID or I was going to have to purchase it. I had Windows 8 Pro on it before so I used that product ID and updated to Pro.

So all be were of what could happen when you send you unit in for repair.

Answers

• tdarnold
    tdarnold Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi - i'm hoping you're able to assist - i can't seem to find where to ship my A500 for repair.  i opened a case, and even found a page indicating directions on how to ship (clean box, no other labels, yada, yada) but nowhere on Acer's site can I find WHERE to ship my tablet.

How did you find out where to ship yours?

(I'm in Canada, so if you are too, it's probably the same location.  If not, at least the location on the web site might be beneficial).

thanks.

Tony

• targa72
    targa72 Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

I was dealing with Acer Technical Support through their web sight http://support.acer.com/. After numerous e-mails back and forth it was determined my unit had to be sent to them for repair. At the time I was residing in Arizona and was given the flowing address.

Acer repair center,
    10986 N.W.(North West) H. K. Dodgen Loop
    Temple, TX 76504

I noticed on their web sight you can select Canada (English or French) so I would assume they have a repair center in Canada.

This discussion has been closed.