Acer ICONIA W700 DVD recovery lost

Options
rachmady1307
rachmady1307 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives

I lost my Iconia W700 dvd system recovery. Could anyone help me to share the DVD image? I asked the ACER customer support  to provide it, unfortunately they cannot provide it. So I'd like to ask someone in this forum to help me. This is not for current use, but I need it for the future.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. Smiley Happy

Answers

• BenjaminLSR
    BenjaminLSR Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

I'll try to make an ISO for you. Can you give me the exact name of the DVD you lost ? (there is four DVD)

• rachmady1307
    Options

Thank you very much sir. Unfortunately I lost them all. So could you please make them. Once again thank you very much in advance. Smiley Happy

• sopaj96
    sopaj96 Member Posts: 154 Troubleshooter
    Options
    BenjaminLSR? Is it possibld to boot the isos with usb somehow?
  • Tarkus406
    Tarkus406 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I tried booting to a UEFI flash drive that I had set up with Windows 8, and for some reason it just did not work. Acer support also told me that the W700 will not boot to a USB stick, but it will boot to a USB external DVD drive. I don't understand why that makes a difference if the drive is formatted properly with the Windows utility to make a bootable drive...but oh well...

If you can get the ISOs from Ben I'd say burn DVDs and give that a shot. Good luck!

• rachmady1307
    Options

Sir BenjaminLSR, when will you send that recovery image & how do I get it? Thank you Smiley Happy

• remakson
    remakson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi I too ruined a language dvd for w700 6607. Did you happen to uploade the images online? Thank you
  • johnnyli97
    johnnyli97 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hey guys!!

Anyones can share the ISO for the Acer Iconia w700?

I lost all my DVD and still now can not find it.

Thanks!!

• Max_eb
    Max_eb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Man...

Please share the link to the ISO's (Recovery DVD) if you can do it .

It would be really helpful...

• sskaro
    sskaro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

BenjaminLSR - are you still willing to upload somewhere online decovery disk images? All 4 disks?

I would really appreciate that?

Any one else? :-)

I purchased from eBay Iconia W700 in like new condition, but I didn't get recovery DVD's. I would still like to have them :-)

Buying beer to anyone who is willing to do that :-) Or at lest who shares the link to images...

Thanks.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Hate to tell you but that wouldn't actually be legal. Since it includes a full image of MS Windows... Best (and legal) method is to get the DVDs from Acer since they can verify the license.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter
    Options

I would recommend to just acquire a Windows 8.1 install ISO, and Rufus it to your tablet. Not only it is much smaller, but there would be no bloats to be worried about. Say goodbye to McAfee.

You can get the drivers from the official Acer support site, so your tablet would run identically as an Acer-shipped units, minus the bloats.

The product key is embedded/hardcoded in the BIOS, so Windows should read by itself. If it didnt, just find a 3rd party program called pkeyui, it will search it for you so that you can enter it manually to Windows. I have this setup too, so theres nothing to worry about. Make sure though, that the Windows 8.1 ISO edition matches the product key on your tablet. Mine is Windows 8.1 Core Single Language, not the normal Windows 8.1, installing a normal Windows 8.1 ISO wont work.

TIP: If youre up to more challenge and you want to get about 10 GB more space out of your tablet, you can try applying a WIMboot image. You can search for the guide on the internet (mydigitallife forum is a good place to start)

• Maksym_Sl
    Maksym_Sl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello!

Anyones can share the ISO for the Acer Iconia w700?

Like many others, I lost all my DVD and still now can not find it.

Thanks in advance!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You should be able to order recovery media from the Acer store if you are in the USA or Canada. Outside those markets you can contact Acer support to access them. They are not distributable since they include the OS and all the software that came with it new.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi,
    If you have used win10 and if its compatible for your unit. Try to download Windows Media Creation Tool. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10  ... How ever you will not have acer applications on it. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)