PROBLEM with Atheros WiFi connection

Options
dairix1
dairix1 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello!

Recently I bought Acer Aspire V3-571G (manufacture code: NX.M67EL.002 // I5, GT730m.... ATHEROS!!!) and intalled OS Windows 7 64bit and the drivers from the original DVD - wheres the Atheros driver version is 10.0.0.38.

Problem was, that Atheros barely could connect to my WiFi when I turned on PC: 1 out of 5 times it connected as should be (without a problems, automatically); 3 out of 5 I needed to connect manually AND try up to 3 times (most of, I had ''Windows could not connect" error message); and 1 out of 5 I needed to restart my PC AGAIN!

Then I upgraded my drivers to 10.0.0.221 from HERE and it helped (I also enabled the ''11n'' mode in device manager - atheros settings, for some reason it was turned OFF).

For 2 days I had good connection! But yesterday I sent my laptop to ''Sleep'' so I could easely turn it on, before going to job.... and that was a bad idea - the problems came back. On my laptop I had only 10.0.0.225 Windows 8 64bit drivers, but they didn't helped AND for some reason my laptop could not connect to the internet with the wire! (althought I had not tested wired connection before)

Maybe someone had a problem like me and resolved it?

And does it mean that I can't send my laptop to "Sleep" mode to turn it on fast?!

Thank You!

Best Answer

• dairix1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again!

Recently I was forced* to reinstall Windows 7 and of-course the problem showed up again! God **bleep**, I needed 1 hour just to install network adapter, but I managed to do this by: installing "WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.225_Win8x64" drivers -> going to the device manager and updating to the Atheros AR5BWB222 win7-10.0.0.221 drivers! After that, computer needs to be restarted AND each time when laptop can't connect to the wireless network - you need to go to the device manager and disconnect from Qualcomm Atheros - Network Adapter AND connect to it again!

These steps helped me - so hopefully it will help others! Because I have seen a lot of complains at Atheros driver stability.

*The reason was that CPU drivers (hopefully not CPU itself) gone MAD! 2nd cores' 2nd thread went up to 100% usability (after some 30min after tunding Windows ON) and then Windows Blue screen of death appeared (and that time nothing could be opened and even Windows couldn't be shut down!!!)

Answers

• dairix1
    Options

I, at least temporary, managed to get network by installing "WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.217.v3_Win8x64" drivers and updating through device manager with these AR5BWB222 drivers!

• dairix1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again!

Recently I was forced* to reinstall Windows 7 and of-course the problem showed up again! God **bleep**, I needed 1 hour just to install network adapter, but I managed to do this by: installing "WLAN_Atheros_10.0.0.225_Win8x64" drivers -> going to the device manager and updating to the Atheros AR5BWB222 win7-10.0.0.221 drivers! After that, computer needs to be restarted AND each time when laptop can't connect to the wireless network - you need to go to the device manager and disconnect from Qualcomm Atheros - Network Adapter AND connect to it again!

These steps helped me - so hopefully it will help others! Because I have seen a lot of complains at Atheros driver stability.

*The reason was that CPU drivers (hopefully not CPU itself) gone MAD! 2nd cores' 2nd thread went up to 100% usability (after some 30min after tunding Windows ON) and then Windows Blue screen of death appeared (and that time nothing could be opened and even Windows couldn't be shut down!!!)

This discussion has been closed.