How I can to Install Windows 7 in Acer Aspire v3 471-6885. The original OS is Windows 8.

Options
my_cerebro
my_cerebro Member Posts: 1 New User

My original OS is Windows 8x64, but, I need to use windows 7, but my Bios UEFI, doesn't let me to install from CD or another Boot Drive. How I can do this? When I insert my windows 7 DVD, the system show an message "The configuration has blocked the boot...." or some like that. What can I do?

Answers

• Unsurprised
    Unsurprised Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I posted about this yesterday: http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/Windows-7-UEFI-install-on-Aspire-E1-571/m-p/50201#U50201

Your problem at the moment is Secure Boot is enabled in the BIOS. You can choose to disable it, or to add the bootx64.efi file to the secure boot database; it's probably just easier disabling it.

If the secure boot option is greyed out in the BIOS you need to go to the security page and enter a system password - you'll then be able to enable or disable secure boot.

As per my post though, once you get past that you'll probably have issues getting W7 past the 'Starrting Windows' screen.

• 420KScott
    420KScott Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

so how do we get past the start screen? I'm having the exact same problem, down to the fine details.

This discussion has been closed.