Acer Aspire V3 771G did not start

Ivarmodo
Ivarmodo Member Posts: 8 New User

To day, I didn`t recognized that the battery was very low, so I was writing a mail. Suddenly the screen did go in black. I did think that it had something to do with empty battery, so I did connect the power. But the PC did not start as usual. The back screen comes up, and a message: No bootable device available, try to restart. (I am not sure about the exact message) I did press any key, but it did not work. When I press Esc another black screen with the message: press the arrow up or down to select a boot. That did not work. I press Power off, and Power on several times, and the same screen shows up.

But after a little while, I tried to start the PC again, and then it was quite OK Smiley Happy

Why this ?  I have had a laptop before, and never had such problems if the battery was to low.

This PC have a 128 gb ssd with the C: system, and a 750 gb hdd

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I do not know why you got a no bootable device error. This can happen if the BIOS is set to Legacy mode. If the problem persists, I recommend you contact technical support in your region.

• Ivarmodo

After a while, I visit the data-store where I bought the PC and they only said that it was not so smart to absolutely discharge this Pc, such things could happen when the battery did go so low. I am not quite sure they are so expert on this, but after this event I try to not let the battery go absolutely down. I read that Li-ion battery don`t need to discharge now and then.

• Ivarmodo

What means with Legacy mode?

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Legacy mode is a setting in the BIOS. If you have not changed any BIOS settings, you can disregard my note about Legacy mode.

• Ivarmodo

About how the PC have been set in Legacy mode, it only could have been done when I took my pc to te pc-store for reinstalling of Windows 8 when the C: drive went full without any reason. That happen after 1 week on this new Acer Aspire. Could they possible do that, I don`t know.

This discussion has been closed.