Acer 5750G GT540M Problem

ryandicks007
ryandicks007 Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi guya.

I have a problem with my Nvidia GT540M on my laptop Acer 5750G.

I did a nice fresh instalation of windows 7 64bit and installed all the drivers and software with out any problems. I also updated the bios to firmeware 1.21. And windows also did it's own full auto update.

after I did all of the above. installed the intel 3000HD VGA driveres and then the Nvidia GT540M drivers.

Now if I click on the Nvidia setting icon in my Taskbar I get an error (Nvidia display setting are not available) and also of I go to my Device Manager under Display adapters I can see the intel HD graphics and this under it I see the Nvidia GeForce 540M but it has a Yellow Marker (!).

I have download the newest drivers: (306.97-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql) I also download the Nvidia display drivers from acer site, the preferd driver for this laptop. And also a big problem I have is when I run World OF WarCraft, I set my setting in WoW to it's lowest display setting I get a mad 14 frames per sec. lol. my i3 laptop gives me 62 frames.

please is there any one that can help me with this.

Answers

• ryandicks007

Is there know one els that has this problem?

• ryandicks007

I have now reinstalled windows 7 64bit, a clean installation.

I have downloaded the intel VGA drives and installed them first. than after restarting the laptop I then installed the Nvidia driver that I download from the acer website. I still have the same problem.

can I please get some kind of help here it's been 3 weeks now and I con't play any games!!!!!!

It looks like ther is 'n lot of ppl that has this problem this by google so don't know what is aser's techical problem but i'm sure thay brain dead. All I need to know if this is a Windows problem, Hardware or driver.

• The_Sad_5750G
    The_Sad_5750G Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

Sounds like a driver problem.

But in general the 5750G is one #"@& og a problem machine!

My 5750G is overheating while gaming. Even thoung that i cleaned all the vents and the inside of the computer. running a nearly fresh install. and have put teh computer on blocks in the corners, so theres compleatly free air flow.

Also runing newes drivers and BIOS like you.

• ryandicks007

downloade the new: Nvidia-310.70-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit and the newSmiley SadIntel HD Graphics Driver Download 15.28.10.2897).

And did not win. same problem.

Still get the same error 43 in Device Manager Nvidia GT540M

• The_Sad_5750G

After a google search on error 43 i found this sad news:

"A device driver notified the operating system that the device failed,,

Read here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

The error 43 is the driver telling widnows that you GPU is broken and has been disabled
    Maybe it could just have been the driver reporting a fales error.
    But since you reinstaled the driver a few times. I sadly think that the GPU is fryed
    Maybe its just an driver error. but i think that unlikly.

As one larst resort maybe you could try a older driver

I acurtaly thinks this is wary sad. And having an 5750G my self i have also encountered a lot of problems

• ryandicks007

Is it poseble to replase the GPU chip?

• ryandicks007

Also like to try an older driver but not sure what 1 to use.

• The_Sad_5750G

Replacing the GPU is very hard and not feasible.

If you still the Acer recovery management. Then open that and Chose "Restore" then chose "Reinstall drivers and programs"

This opens another program. Then click "content" and then find the right driver...

Best of luck

• ryandicks007

Thats going to be a bit of a problem for me as it has a new harddrive in, the old drive had bad cluster and was running very slow. so it's gone. have to ask acer if thay can give me a recovery disk if poseble.

• The_Sad_5750G

Here's the link for the earliest stabile 540M driver:
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver-uk.html

And here's all the different 540M drivers :3 (I think you should stick to the "WHQL" drivers, and for now not try the beta drivers)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

Best regards

• The_Sad_5750G

Do you know what happend before you encountered this problem?

Have you got any overheating problems?

I'm having some problems with my 5750G too Smiley Sad

• ryandicks007

Thanx. will give them a try will keep you all informed.

I never had this problem, I only had a problem with the harddrive, got a new one 500GB. put it in and then installed windows and from there on had this problem only.

• The_Sad_5750G

I will be waiting. Hopeing for the best and trying to solve my 5750G problems in the mean while Smiley Happy

• ryandicks007

Ok guys, I did not win.

I have have done all the drivers, no luck not even a glitch.

So that is then the GPU.

• The_Sad_5750G

Aw sad Smiley Sad Im hopeing that my laptop won't be the next

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

ryandicks007 wrote:

Ok guys, I did not win.

I have have done all the drivers, no luck not even a glitch.

So that is then the GPU.

Ryan, Can you confirm what OS you installed? You mentioned that it was a clean install of a 64bit OS. Was it our load, or was it retail version? Is it was a retail, I'd suggest trying to reinstall the preinstalled OS to see if you still have the issue.

• Fasic
    Fasic Member Posts: 1 New User

go bios and Graphic->switchable ok? or gpu is dead Smiley Sad

This discussion has been closed.