since ab.media replaced clear.fi media I can't play dvd's. what should I use now?

Options
troyh22
troyh22 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

The Acer media driver/software "Clear.fi media" was replaced by "ab.media". Now I am unable to play DVD's on the Acer laptop. What are people using to play DVD's now, since Acer obviously doen't care about its Customers or the functionality of their Laptops? All efforts to get answers from them and their 3rd party tech support have proven useless. Appreciate any help I can get on this issue, as I'm sure I am not alone in this.

Answers

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi troyh22,

Sorry for any inconvenience, I can sense how you feel. abMedia doesn’t support to play CD\DVD\BD now. I suggest you can try to search other DVD player to use.
    We attach great importance to your requirement and will forward it to the relevant department for consideration.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options

Windows Media Player. I deleted mine. LOL. Windows Media Player is the only thing I use. Music,Viedos, etc.......

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sosmile2
    Sosmile2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you Iron fly! I was so frustrated after clear.fi media stopped working and then I did update and ab media did  not work! Back to watching DVDs. Happy holidays.