ACER eSettings Management Software?

ww4275
ww4275 Member Posts: 3 New User

Does anyone know where to download ACER eSettings Management Software? I cannot remember my BIOS Password and need to delete/reset it.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-do-i-reset-an-acer-bios-password.html discusses how to do this but I cannot find the software.
I really do not want to open up the Laptop and remove the Bios Battery.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

What model do you own exactly?

France
  • ww4275

I have an ACER ASPIRE M5-583P-5859.
    In Fact I have opened up the Laptop, took out the Button Battery, disconnected the Laptop Battery, and left it overnight. Next Day I booted into Bios and STILL got asked for the Password.
    I don't see any CLR pin's to try to short, and am afraid the CLR is probably on the other side of the Motherboard.
    Trying the eSettings Management Software would certianly make my life a whole lot easier. :^(

I hope you can direct me..
    Thank You for responding.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately removing the bios password requires a specific software and passwords. These ones are only available for the Acer technicians. 

I can give you the link of eSettings Management software but it works under Windows Vista.

France
  • ww4275

Hello Laurent_14,

Sorry for my delay.

Thank You for your response regarding the eSettings Software. It doesn't seem to help my situation though.

I decided to install Vista on the Laptop so I could run eSettings Mgmt, but as you probably realize finding drivers thast will work with Vista for that Acer Model was impossible.

Regardless, I installed Vista, then the Management software suite. All looked good except for the fact that eSettings would not allow me to change the Bios password. That Button was Grayed out.

The button to set a password was enabled but told me I had to enable the option in Bios. ARRRRRG.

I used a Bios Password Generator to allow me into the Bios and was able to set Security to Legacy in order to install Vista, but still could not change the existing password without knowing the original.
    Any reason this software would not see that a password was set and allow me to change it.
    Any further suggestions you could possibly offer???

Thanks for responding and your help up to this point.