unable to install Windows-8 on acer aspire v5-431(DOS)

vinay6kr
vinay6kr Member Posts: 9 New User

I am using acer v5-431(DOS). when i am installing windows8 pro it gives error and fail to install.but same w8 cd we are successfully install on acer aspire 4762 (DOS) without any error. pls help me why am unable to install w8 on acer v5-431.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Are you installing an upgrade for Windows 8, or is it a retail copy of Windows 8? What is the exact error message you are getting during installation, and when does the error occur?

Regards,

Acer-Blayn

• mwisme
    mwisme Member Posts: 4 New User

clean install will error occup(blue screen) in after finish 100% GETREADY windows install 

upgrade assistant software cannot use , because that software will detect your Secure boot isn't compatile with your PC (Bios ver1.14 UEFI dint have inside the laptop , my laptop is v5-431 dos)

dint have any solution to update the bios ? im retail player ... really urgent for this case , on hand got alot stok 100++ unit 

• arpit_m32
    arpit_m32 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi...

I am having the same problem with my AspireV5-4311 notebook....i am unable to install windows 8 in it...after installation gives an error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Also i tried to update BIOS but it said the same thing that u cannot update to 2.XX version. please help...

• Pholister
    Pholister Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I can confirm that anisin84's solution described here
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/Cannot-Install-windows-8-on-Brand-newAO-725/m-p/6155#M1645
    solves the problem. The error is caused by an incompatibility of the Atheros Wifi card installed in the affected Acer models with the default driver that comes with Windows 8. Removing the card during install, updating the Atheros W-Lan driver via a download from another computer once Windows 8 is running, then replacing the card and rebooting twice is the fix.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Note, however, that opening your device may void your warranty. Make sure you know what you are doing!

• kollul
    kollul Member Posts: 1 New User

hi 

i am also suffering from same problem in windows 8 installation.I bought acer v5-431 laptopon 3.4.2013.My error message is

irql_not_less_or_equal

• echronus
    echronus Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an acer 45-431 with preloaded windows 8, my laptop, suddenly, sutsdown and restart over and over again.. after that i decided to change the hard drive, i made a fresh install of windows 8 professional, but after installation, i got te error, IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, i cant even go to safe mode?

is there anyone can give me any solutions?

• vinay6kr

i am succesfully clen installed w8 on acer v5-431 by installing driver before installing w8.

• allen_frix
    allen_frix Member Posts: 1 New User

can you give some info on how you install driver during win 8 fresh installing...

• vinay6kr

for clean installing w8, download these w8 driver from acer site In my case this were AHCI and wifi drivers. and put these driver in inside  pc(except c drive) or pendrive in a folder name as drivers. At the booting time of windows 8 we see all drive of pc where to install os. on that place option is 'load driver' now load thesr driver 1st and now install windows 8.

• siocenter
    siocenter Member Posts: 1 New User

ke tal amigo me podrias ayudar porfa me urge, como es ke cargaste los controladores pro ke yua lo intente y no puedo, ayuda porfavor....

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello siocenter

We are happy you have joined the Acer Support Forums.
    The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we have asked that users post in English only, as that is the most common language to all users. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

This discussion has been closed.