setup is starting services

lgardner928
lgardner928 Member Posts: 1 New User

My computer is stuck on "setup is starting services" screen. I can't run in safe mode and I dont know what to do, please HELP!

Answers

• Khan_Riyas
    Khan_Riyas Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,

The above is a boot issue in windows 7. Follow the steps to recovery the computer to factory defaults.

Note: This process will lead to a complete data loss.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631

Regards

Acer_Khan

• eliezercompany
    eliezercompany Member Posts: 2 New User

hey i tried this and it still went back to the same setup is starting serivces

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

What is happening is that your system must have either been installing updates or configuring them at the very least. Something went wrong and the unit is stuck in install mode. The problem is that because your unit is in install mode Acer eRecovery can't install as it thinks it is starting another version of itself. The best way to get around this problem is to use recovery disks. When you bought your computer there should have been a popup asking you to burn them. If not thank the store where you bought it for skipping that one for you. In this case you will have to buy the disks from Acer for roughly 20 dollars. This covers the cost of shipping as well as the Acer Tech's time for having to burn them. They usually take only a few days to arrive. You will then have to boot off of them and start the recovery procedure.

• carzella
    carzella Member Posts: 1 New User

what can be done

This discussion has been closed.