"2 MIN" icon display when computer boots

lgbalfa
lgbalfa Member Posts: 20 New User

Is this normal?

Every time I turn on my netbook (756-2420) a "2 MIN" icon displays in the background of the welcome/log in screen. Everything works fine but it is annoying and I do not know how to get rid of it.

Could be normal, not sure.

Does your 756 have this?

This netbook is brand new (1 day old).

Thanks

Best Answer

• Gaijin
    Gaijin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓

It's an easy fix as it's just a background wallpaper. Go to C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info. Rename the Folder Backgrounds to Backgroundsold or whatever name you wish! Create a new folder called Backgrounds & copy the contents of Backgrounds-NOWAIT into it! Restart the PC & all should be well

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

never seen or heard of "2 MIN" logo, can post picture?

• lgbalfa

see attached pic of the 2 min icon:

http://i41.tinypic.com/21nf8k0.jpg

this was never there before.

apparently a lot of people have gotten this in which they had not had it before after a re-install of windows.

i read that if you change your desktop background photo it will go away but that was not the case for me.

thanks

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Igbalfa, yours is a tough one to research, but:

It is usually caused by re-installling or upgrading your OS. Did the factory upgrade your Windows 7 machine to Windows 8?

I can't find anything on whether it actually harms the computer. One poster said that he fixed it by taking the keyboard out and cleaning it. Another said that he attached an external monitor, and after turning it on and then disconnecting it, the problem disappeared.

Did you buy it at a department store? They probably have a seven-day warranty. Ask them if other people with the same purchase have the same problem. If not, I would return it.

• lgbalfa

thanks for the advice.

not a big deal having the 2 min icon during the startup or shutdown.

it does not affect the performance.

seems like a lot of people who have reinstalled windows 7 has this issue.

• lgbalfa

the computer is not new.  it is still under warranty but not worth sending it for a repair for this issue.

• Gaijin
    Answer ✓

It's an easy fix as it's just a background wallpaper. Go to C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info. Rename the Folder Backgrounds to Backgroundsold or whatever name you wish! Create a new folder called Backgrounds & copy the contents of Backgrounds-NOWAIT into it! Restart the PC & all should be well

• lgbalfa

thank you!

it worked!

• Gaijin

No problem! Glad to help Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.