This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

New User
Accepted Solution

my laptop keeps restarting

my laptop started by getting hot and shutting down, and has progressed  to restarting now repeatedly

Tinkerer

Re: my laptop keeps restarting

Try to use it in a cool place and avoid blocking the cooling openings of the PC (Put your PC on a desk, NOT on your knees or on a bed)... If the issue continues, scan for viruses and spams with an UP-TO-DATE, GOOD antivirus. Still not fixed ? I think you should restore your PC or format your HDD and re-install the OS !

View solution in original post

New User

oh i was so afraid of that i tried to reset twice it keeps shutting in the middle of the process. thank you

View solution in original post

All Replies to this Topic
Tinkerer

Try to use it in a cool place and avoid blocking the cooling openings of the PC (Put your PC on a desk, NOT on your knees or on a bed)... If the issue continues, scan for viruses and spams with an UP-TO-DATE, GOOD antivirus. Still not fixed ? I think you should restore your PC or format your HDD and re-install the OS !

New User

oh i was so afraid of that i tried to reset twice it keeps shutting in the middle of the process. thank you

Service and Support Videos
Welcome, Guest
Not A Member? Register
Help

Join the forum discussions on our Predator line of products.

Member Highlight

It takes a special kind of person to lead! We all know this. Over the past 3 years or more, visitors to Acer Community were witness to a leader in our Top Ranked ACE member, IronFly. Recently he hit a new milestone of 1000 solutions authored. Leading the way has always been and continues to be his way. We are proud of you IronFly.

ACE Trailblazer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: