my acer Aspire v5 (touch screen) has a wifi problem

chudynho
chudynho Member Posts: 2 New User

i just bought my acer Aspire V5 (touch-screen) like 5 days ago and when ever i connect to any wifi, after a short while the internet will stop working and say Limited Access. when i trouble shoot, it starts working again and after a while it stops. 
PLEASE HELLPPPPPP...!!

Answers

• lenny212
    lenny212 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am also experiencing this problem with the Acer Asprie S3-391 since upgrading to windows 8.

Hopefully someone can provide a solution.

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello chudynho, and lenny212. The issue with the Wireless you both may be having can possibly be solved by going into the Device manager and then uninstall the driver (don’t touch the check box) and restart the computer. Once back on the unit will reinstall the driver and may resolve the issue. Smiley Happy best of luck

• aceruser
    aceruser Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same issue. Go to their support page, download the wireless driver for windows 7 (64 bit if your syste, is 64 bit) and not for windows 8. That worked for me. I think there is some issue with the Windows 8 wireless driver.

• turtlebean87
    turtlebean87 Member Posts: 2 New User

i had the same problem, i did whhat aceuser said and it works perfectly now, ty!

• chudynho
    chudynho Member Posts: 2 New User

hey! how do i get the driver for windows 7, beceause when i enter my laptop model on acer page, they only give me windows 8 drivers 

• wengyeow
    wengyeow Member Posts: 3 New User

to: joshua

uninstall the network adapter?

or wat?

• taiwilliams119
    taiwilliams119 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I did a PC refresh and after doing this a couple times to see the issue, I have finally pinpointed where the culprit lies.

After playing around with my router, uninstalling my anti virus and everything else in between, I found out that the QCA Wifi Driver 10.0.0.217 and the Atheros Blue Tooth Driver 8.0.000.0206 are the drivers that have the conflict. In other words, these two drivers are the ones that are making the connection 'limited'.

Everytime I reinstalled these after my PC refresh my computer internet connection became 'limited'. However, after my 3rd PC refresh I decided not to reinstall these drivers. Because of this decision I have had no further issues whatsoever with my internet connection dropping or becoming 'limited' at all. Furthermore, as soon as I boot my computer, the internet is connected, whereas before, with these drivers installed, this was not happening at all.

Clearly, there is a massive issue with these drivers. I had to - as computer illiterate that I am -  figure this out for myself.

In conclusion, I will not be installing any new drivers for my Windows 8 Acer Aspire V3-771, until I get official confirmation from an Acer technician regarding these issues. Clearly there is some major problem as after days of research, I see that so many folk who have Windows 8 are the ones who are suffering from this major malfunction; I'm not sure if it is affecting any other models of Acers laptops/PCs, I just know, from what I had to learn that a lot of folk are having these issues.  And that is not a good thing at all for the brand name of Acer.

• dna2110
    dna2110 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

ok. so what driver are you using then for your wifi connection? 

• waleed507
    waleed507 Member Posts: 1 New User

im having kinda trouble finding their support page so id really appriciate if u can help me find the exact driver...

• v5user
    v5user Member Posts: 1 New User

My V5 also have the same problem~
    Some told me to uninstall the wifi driver and install the one offered in the acer website.

but my version is 11.sumtng.... and the one offered is 10.0.0sumtng~

• v5-i5_user
    v5-i5_user Member Posts: 1 New User

I was having the same problem. Like I said was. I purchased mine yesterday. All last night and for the better part of today, I was getting to know my new Acer Aspire v5 with i5 processor. I was connected to my wifi the entire time. With no problem, I was able to surf the internet.

So, I decided to connect my Windows 8 phone to my new Windows 8 laptop via Bluetooth. Fifteen minutes later I started having wifi drops. When I realized that my Bluetooth was the problem (about 5 hours later), I had turned off my Bluetooth on my laptop and no more wifi drops.

I said that to say this, there's must be a conflict with the wifi and Bluetooth drivers, and that's what causing the wifi drops.

I hope this works for you.

• entahapa
    entahapa Member Posts: 4 New User

I also have the same problem with my 1month old V5. And I can see so many V5 & V3 have the same problem. How come Acer didn't detect this problem? And why Acer didn't reply & solved this problem. Some of the user are not IT savvy. WHAT A BAD EXPERIENCE TO ME AS ACER LONG TIME CUSTOMER...!!!

• entahapa
    entahapa Member Posts: 4 New User

Acer supposed aware of this problem. And the should solve this problem & advise the customer!!! Not all customers are IT savvy!

• JYNg
    JYNg Member Posts: 11 New User

UPDATE: I've updated my driver from the original 10.0.0.209 to the 10.0.0.217 provided on the Acer website. This solves the dropping wifi issue, but introduced yet another problem: occasionally the wifi driver will refuse to work. the laptop will failto detect wifi, only stating it's status as 'network is available'. But when you click on the wifi icon, nothing will happen. Restarting the laptop promptly solves the issue.

I'm not complaining much seeing how this is a vast improvement compared to my previous situation (wifi dropping every 30 minutes or so). But preferably, I would have prefered if it works perfectly without me having to restart my laptop every now and then.

• Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 1 New User

If multiple screens are opened, and if I about to type on the keyboard, the screen jumps from one to another occasionally. It happens if your fingers are close to mouse pad.

• JYNg
    JYNg Member Posts: 11 New User

@Roger,

this thread is about wifi issues, somehow your post about screen jumping ended up here.

Anyway, in response to your screen jumping issue, it's a feature of Windows 8. It's similar to swiping from the left border of your screen, which allows you to switch between apps rapidly. 

I'm not aware of any solution to it. Just try and get used to avoiding the touchpad while typing.

• r1
    r1 Member Posts: 2 New User

is there no answer yet i am going to go further with this its not acceptable to pay money for a service they know is not going to work just a rip

• r1
    r1 Member Posts: 2 New User

can not stay connected for more then 5 minutes come on acer

• dgullivers
    dgullivers Member Posts: 1 New User

The problem with dropping connections in Aspire V5 touchscreen windows 8 has finally been resolved. I used to have this problem and I went to the Aspire website to install the latest driver as at 18th March, 2013. I never expeperience the problem since I intalled this driver.

The point is that drivers are specific to your Acer Aspire model. The one for my V5-571P is:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.225226.3 MB

2013/03/18

• chucktaylor
    chucktaylor Member Posts: 1 New User

Regarding the wi-fi/internet problems, I called Acer and they walked me through downloading the necessary driver.  They said the disconnect/limited problems are from the driver that comes with the Aspire V5 and their other laptops.  The driver needed is "wireless LAN".  They were very nice and told me exactly what to click on, open, etc. (because I'm not a computer expert).  I've had no problems since they helped me.  If you're having problems with the wi-fi, please call the number and tell them you need to download the wireless driver.  They will tell you exaclty what to do.  I hope this is helpful.

[edited to comply with guidelines - removed phone number]

This discussion has been closed.