aspire S7-392 random shutdowns

Options
amcc
amcc Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

I've had an aspire S7 for about half a year now and have started to have power issues roughly since the windows 8.1 update. While plugged in it does fine but off the charger it frequently shuts down for no reason while I'm working. It tends to happen three or four times in a row at an increasing rate until I finally try to reboot and am told windows didn't shut down correctly. After that it tends to be a while before the next set of restarts and the cycle starts over again. 

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and knows of a potential cause or fix. 

Thanks.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi amcc

I don't think the update has caused the issue you're having, otherwise it would happen on mains power too. It sounds like an issue perhaps with the battery - or at least its connections.

You could check that all the screws are tight on the base of your S7. I have heard that some Ultra-Thins can have power issues if everything isn't firmly in place.

If this fails to make any difference, contact support for your region, as your PC is still under warranty to arrange a repair. They may ask you to perform a full reinstall of Windows initially, so you could try that before calling.

• DIVX2014
    DIVX2014 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

You make BIOS update to 2.26 version ?

• amcc
    amcc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey finlux,

I haven't had the time yet but I plan on trying the screws and the resart like you said. Thanks for the tips.

• finlux
    Options

@DIVX2014

If you wish to update BIOS, check out support for your region. Click Drivers & Manuals, then enter the details of your PC.

@amcc

Good luck - I hope it fixes your problem!

• DIVX2014
    Options

My laptop model is Aspire V5 573G, with bios 2.26 and start random shut down whit this version(after update).

• finlux
    Options

I'd suggest to contact support, if it is randomly shutting down after the BIOS update.

• DIVX2014
    Options

I wait for v2.28 bios.

• ParthPtl
    ParthPtl Member Posts: 34 New User
    Options

Hi guys, I have the same problem , my laptop shuts down randomly on battery power. I have BIOS version 1.51..

My Laptop is a M5-481TG

• finlux
    Options

Hi ParthPtl

If it is only shutting down on battery power, then there may be an issue with the battery. Take it in for repair, or if under warranty, contact support.

This discussion has been closed.