Re: Wireless connection randomly drops or disconnects

annemae_0127
annemae_0127 Member Posts: 6 New User

I just bought an ACER V5-571 series on the 26th October. I had a disconnection problem and mic was not working and so I returned it to the store where I bought it. They replace it with the same brand and model and until now I am experiencing the same issue from wi-fi. It is just a matter of 1 week that I am having some trouble with this newly bought laptop. I already did all the trouble shooting but I am always being disconnected every 5 minutes from WI-FI connection. It is really annoying and I really want to return this laptop again.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You need to open device mangager and if Atheroes is listed as wireless adapter, check it has the corect drivers version 10.0.0.225, then check if your computer has the latest BIOS version 2.17.

If you do not have the above mentioned drivers version and BIOS update installed, you need to install it to resolve the issue.

Post back is you have any issues in finding the above listed version, and I'll see what I can do!

• annemae_0127

Hello,

I've got Qualcomm Atheros AR5BW222 with file version 10.0.0.209. How can I install the BIOS and the correct version? Im not actually a techy person and I'm afraid to do any changes to this computer. It's kinda frustrating that I bought this laptop and I cannot use it properly because of disconnection issue. I am the only one in the house whose having this problem considering the fact that I have a new laptop and theirs are old.. Smiley Sad

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Anemmae, there's a chance that you are getting hit with interference. One poster returned to tell us that turning on his HD TV was interfering with his WiFi. Your neighbor might have a WiFi signal that is drifting into yours. Check your list of available  signals and try a different signal.

• annemae_0127

Thanks for the info. One of my friend is suggesting me to buy a usb WIFI adaptor. Will it help?

• annemae_0127

Hope you can still help me find the best solution for this disconnection issue. I just don't get why am I the only one having this problem at home. This is a new laptop and it should not have any problem. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Annemae, I think that your friend is suggesting that you buy an external antenna. This can be a card that is simply plugged into a USB port, or it can have a cable several yards long with an antenna that can be elevated.

Yes, it will help. But you might be able to solve the problem without one.

• annemae_0127
    I'm really so desperate to solve this issue. Do you have anything there that can help me?
  • njcurveball
    njcurveball Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Probably an antenna issue, sounds similar to the R7 problems. Only fix has been to replace the antenna and memory.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Poor-Wifi-on-new-Aspire-R7/m-p/143929/highlight/false#M28859

• annemae_0127

So you mean I have to replace our router or I have to send this laptop back to where I bought it? I am really losing my patience now to this connection issue. I don't want to spend another dime for this because this is still new. Sorry, but I am really so upset.

• Mustanglover66
    Mustanglover66 Member Posts: 3 New User

I had these same issues with my new laptop. I pruchased a USB adapter and it works fine now. This did the trick. This USB adapter I have been using for about 6 months now. I recently removed the USB one to see if this problem would be resovled. It worked without it for several days but it started acting up. I tried resovling this issues by using diffent troubleshooting methods. In the end, it had the same issues so I just put the USB adapter back in my computer. Now, I am back to Acer Support to see if they was any update on the problem.

I was hoping to get some answers.

• Mustanglover66

me too but I am using a USB one and it works fine. I am just wondering why we are having this problem. This problem is replicated by many. ACER what can be our problem? Is it incompatible NIC card?

• Mustanglover66

Other than this issue, I love my computer. Try using an USB apdater.

This discussion has been closed.