RAM memory upgrade on Aspire 7750G-9411

Options
Cyclops
Cyclops Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello

I have a Acer Aspire 7750G-9411. It came installed with 6 gig of RAM DDR3 PC8500. when I bought the laptop, I thought the memory could be expanded to 16 gig in 4 slots. However, I just looked at increasing the memory and was told that it actually only has 2 slots fopr a max of 8 gig. Before I buy new memory, can enyone tell me whether or not this model has the two extra slots?

Thanks for any help

Cliff

Best Answer

• Cyclops
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ryan, Thanks for the answer, however you are mistaken. I took the back panel off and found all four memory slots. I removed the 2gb module and added three 4gb memory modules and am now running 16 gb of Ram.

I also found the second HHD bay and am planning on adding a 500GB SSD hard drive.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

This notebook only comes with 2 memory slots and only supports up to 4GB per slot for a total of 8 GBs. This model did not come with the additional 2 memory slots to give a total of 16 GBs.

• Cyclops
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ryan, Thanks for the answer, however you are mistaken. I took the back panel off and found all four memory slots. I removed the 2gb module and added three 4gb memory modules and am now running 16 gb of Ram.

I also found the second HHD bay and am planning on adding a 500GB SSD hard drive.

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I apologize for the inaccurate information. However, I am happy you were able to get the notebook fitted the way you wanted.

This discussion has been closed.