Please Help: Issue with Atheros WiFi Connection

serkanokar
serkanokar Member Posts: 1 New User

I have Acer Aspire V5-122P-0468 laptop and it uses Atheros Wireless Adapter. I confirmed I have the latest driver version 10.0.0.245. The issue is Wi-Fi connection drops unexpectedly. It says the page cannot be displayed, fix your connection. And when I try to troubleshoot the problem, sometimes tells me that I need to unplug my broadband modem and my router and then plug them back in to correct the issue. But I know that the issue is neither with my modem or router because I have other laptops and devices (smart phone, tv, bluray with wi-fi connections) and they work just fine. They don't experience the same issue as my acer laptop. Sometimes when I troubleshoot the issue, it checks for errors and at the end it says "no error found" and then magically the website comes up. I know there is something going on with the wireless adapter/ wi-fi connection. Since I have the latest driver, I am at a loss what else could be going on. Any idea would be appreciated.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi serkanokar!

There may be an issue with your wifi card - it may not be seated correctly, or it simply may be faulty.

If you're still under warranty, contact Acer support for your region to arrange a repair. If it is out of warranty, you have 2 options:

1. Take it to your local PC store who should be able to fix it for you     or

2. Buy a wireless USB adaptor (as shown below), and use it instead!

Belkin.jpg

Hope this helps!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,073 Trailblazer

You could also try a different wireless chanell or try different DNS provider, either open DNS or Google DNS.

This discussion has been closed.