NVIDIA driver for Aspire 5745DG

muymalestado
muymalestado Member Posts: 12 New User

The NVIDIA site has new drivers, but says to check and maybe use drivers from the manufacturer's site.

The Acer site has older drivers and says the display card manufacturer's site may have newer drivers.

All true.  Which to use?  and how to install?

Best Answer

• muymalestado
    Answer ✓

Thanks very much finlux - you are saying the NVIDIA site drivers work OK.  Do you know of any trick to get them installed?  I ask as I got a 'Failed' the one attempt I had.  But, too late I remembered I had not shut down Avast anti-virus and Malwarebytes.  Is there a trick to installing from the NVIDIA site?

Thanks again.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi muymalestado

The newest and latest drivers will be on Nvidia's site - this is where I go to update mine!

• muymalestado
    Answer ✓

Thanks very much finlux - you are saying the NVIDIA site drivers work OK.  Do you know of any trick to get them installed?  I ask as I got a 'Failed' the one attempt I had.  But, too late I remembered I had not shut down Avast anti-virus and Malwarebytes.  Is there a trick to installing from the NVIDIA site?

Thanks again.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Yes, the drivers will definately work OK - I update my Nvidia driver directly from there!

You shouldn't have to shut down Avast or Mbam, although try so and see.

There is no particular trick, they should download and install.
This discussion has been closed.