My W700 freezes when playing Bluetooth audio on battery. I have latest drivers. Any ideas?

Options
yafonda
yafonda Member Posts: 2 New User

I have recently purchased a bluetooth headset for watching movies. The headphones work fine when streaming from my phone and when streaming while plugged into power. The second I unplug them, the entire computer freezes. If I am on battery power and attempt to start playing anything with audio, the computer freezes. I have updated to the latest drivers and this is still happening. Any ideas?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

yafonda,

I would check your power settings and make sure while on battery power your bluetooth is not turned off. Other than checking all your power settings and Device Manager settings for bluetooth power management, I would suggest trying another bluetooth device, such as a mouse or keyboard, then try using them while on battery power to see if the problem continues. This would tell us if there is a bluetooth problem or maybe a problem with compatibility with the software or the third party device itself.

I apologize as we do not test third party products on our devices. Hopefully another community member can chime in and provide a better answer or solution.

• yafonda
    yafonda Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The bluetooth keyboard the W700 came with works fine on battery and on power. I have tried two different bluetooth audio devices and both work when the W700 is plugged in, but freeze the computer is on battery power.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I have used my bluetooth headset in the past without issues. Unfortunately I'm OOP this week so can't test again until the weekend. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.