Jellybean 4.2

Options
sequinncolin
sequinncolin Member Posts: 5 New User

I would be grateful if anybody can tell me whether the 4.1 version can be updated to version 4.2 free from the internet or does it have to be paid for and then downloaded. - thanks for any advice - sequinncolin

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

My impression is that upgraded OSes for Acer tablets are free and handled through an online download (typically called OTA, or Over The Air). Your tablet may or may not be getting an OS upgrade, it varies quite a bit based on tablet model. They recently announced that several of the newer tablet models were getting an upgrade to KitKat (4.4) but they didn't give details as to when the upgrades would be available.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

My impression is that upgraded OSes for Acer tablets are free and handled through an online download (typically called OTA, or Over The Air). Your tablet may or may not be getting an OS upgrade, it varies quite a bit based on tablet model. They recently announced that several of the newer tablet models were getting an upgrade to KitKat (4.4) but they didn't give details as to when the upgrades would be available.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sequinncolin
    sequinncolin Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

thank you billsey - my tablets are relatively old and I feel that they will not be included in any automatic update - regards

This discussion has been closed.