I just bought monitor Acer T232HL but i can not get the sound come to the monitor

Options
skodan
skodan Member Posts: 12 New User

I just bought Acer  monitor T232HL  Does it come with built in speaker. i can not get the sound to monitor

Best Answer

Answers

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

To install the monitor to your host system, please follow the steps as given below to get sound:

Make sure both the monitor and computer are powered-OFF.

If you’re using VGA or DVI for video and the Audio cable [Optional] must be used.

Connect the Audio Cable [Only Audio-Input Model] [Optional]

OR

Connect HDMI Cable [Only HDMI-Input Model] Your source on your PC must support this option [ either a onboard video card or your add in card] Remember HDMI carries video and sound.

a. Make sure both the monitor and computer are powered-OFF.

b. Connect the HDMI cable to the computer.

Connect power adapter and power cord. Connect the power adapter and power cord to the monitor, then to a properly grounded AC outlet.

Power-ON Monitor and Computer

Power-ON monitor first, then power-ON the computer. This sequence is very important.

• Tribbs
    Tribbs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I to can not get sound through my new T232HL bmidz monitor under Win8.1-64bit.

My GigaByte GA-H81.AMP-UP motherboard only provides a HDMI port for video output (no VGA or DVI, etc.).

I am using the Intel Core i7 integrated HD Graphics 4600 - No additional Video/Graphics card.

I have verified the sound from the motherboard audio Line Out is good.

When I connect the Line Out to amplified speakers the sound is excellent.

I have tried connecting the audio to the T232HL audio input with no success - still no sound.

There is only one brief statement in the GigaByte motherboard manual which states:

"After installing the HDMI device, make sure to set the default sound playback device to HDMI."

But no where in the BIOS setup or anywhere else can I find any "HDMI" sound settings.

When I go into Win 8.1 Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices

It shows:

Digital Audio (HDMI)
    2 - High Definition Audio Device
    Not Plugged in

But the Acer T232HL IS plugged in via HDMI as I am using it on the computer as I type!

HELP!

• Tribbs
    Tribbs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    **** SOLVED ****

I found several possible solutions here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/windows-8-audio-through-a-hdmi-cable-on-desktop/79aaa786-8311-4fa2-8206-0e57b8861baf

My solution was to re-load the Intel Graphics Driver for my Core i7 integrated graphics processor as noted on page 4 of the above link.
This discussion has been closed.