2014 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
tsirkuse

Can't turn on bluetooth since windows 8 update

Hello,

I upgraded my acer aspire 5755G-9417 to windows 8.

First time I want to use bluetooth, I go to the search menu on the right of windows and I look for bluetooth. I find "change bluetooth settings" so I open it, I make my computer visible and I activate bluetooth. No problem at all.
(Except that my FN + F3 key doesn't allow me anymore to turn of bluetooth, only wifi is left over).

Next day, I want to go to the same procedure again, but that doesn't work anymore. I can still find the "change bluetooth settings" in the search but when I clic on it it doesn't open.

I find out I should go to change PC settings and turn on bluetooth there under the wireless tab, but there is no bluetooth.

I went to the acer website and downloaded the bluetooth driver for my notebook under windows 8. Found two of them : Bluetooth Atheros and Bluetooth Broadcom. Broadcom can't install because it detects no plugged bluetooth device, Atheros seem to work though. Now Bluetooth appears in the settings but I still can't turn it on, it is all greyish.

I tried everything I could and I have no clue on how to solve it.

I also tried a system recovery back to when I just changed to windows 8 but it didn't help.

Can someone help ?

Thnks

Layla

(I am sure my computer has bluetooth as I used it a lot under windows 7).

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Can't turn on bluetooth since windows 8 update

Unfortunately, the only suggestion I will be able to make is to return the system to the shipping operating system, Windows 7, and make sure that the hardware works there.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
r3ziel

i've the same issue...

it's impossible that i can't use the bluetooth after upgrading to windows 8...what a mess!

there is nothing to do? with some driver installation or an acer software made for?

please give us a solution!

Leader
Vince53

I'm sorry that the two of you are having this problem. Your laptops are desgined for Windows 7, and although I love windows 8, your systems are not designed for it. When you upgraded to 8, you lost your drivers, which are designed for your equipment AND Windows 7. The Windows 8 drivers you installed are not identical to that first set of drivers.

You can try to re-install Windows 7. You can take your machine to a reputable computer shop to see if they can get Bluetooth going. Or you can go on the internet some other way.

Hope this helps.
Visitor
Reinhard

Re: Can't turn on bluetooth since windows 8 update, including 8.1

Same problems here; cannot enable Intel Centrino N-6205 controller for Bluetooth ops.

I did download the latest applicable Intel drivers and Wireless mgmt tools, but to no avail.

Also, may I add, that since upgrading to Windows 8 and later 8.1 the Acer Aspire 5755G hangs when doing automatic maintenance tasks; when I start Windows maintenance manually everythings works well.

I went back to the store where I bought the Laptop, I called Acer, the only thing they tell you is to re-install Win7.

Well, I will remember that when I buy my next set of laptops.

Remember, folks, YOU HAVE A CHOICE IN THE STORE!!!!

Brgds....RSchrage

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: