Options
madridista
madridista Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey I have a acer aspire 5750g, the specs are

- i5-2410M

- 8GB ram

- 750gb HDD

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M

So it came installed with win7, I played around with it and did a fresh install of win 7 professional and later a clean install of win8 professional.

The problem is that I updated to win 8.1 and it started to act really weird and slow. Like searching for a program would be slow and opening programs up would be really slow.

But the main thing which is affecting me at the moment is the screen. So I turn my laptop on and it turns on but the screen is completely blank. The computer turns on and but the screen is completely blank, not even the led light will turn on and a show a blank black screen that you can tell is lit, this one is not lit up at all. This has happened to me before on win 7 a few times and I just had to either put it to sleep and wake it up or turn the brightness up or hold the power button down until it shuts down then restart it and the screen would be working fine. Then on win 8 it happened a few times as well.

But since being on win 8.1 it happens a lot and I have to hold the power button down and shut it down then restart it and then start all over again. But about 2 weeks ago even the holding the power button down to shut it down then restarting it wont work and the screen remains black and completely blank. The screen did turn on one night and I put it to sleep and it hasn't turned on since.

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

does it work with monitor not LCD?

maybe is bad connection for LCD panel

• madridista
    Options

HK53T wrote:

does it work with monitor not LCD?

maybe is bad connection for LCD panel

no i have tried with a hdmi cable and also a vga cable, i cant even get to the options to boot from a usb so that way i can install everything again.

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

if not working in BIOS then need service to fix sorry

• madridista
    Options

HK53T wrote:

if not working in BIOS then need service to fix sorry

Yeah i took it to a repair shop today, then said it could be gpu, motherboard or the screen or even the hard drive. gave me quotes for between 130 to 300 depending on what it is. would i be able to back up my hard drive then give it in ? just asking because i dont want people to have access to my personal stuff on the laptop when i hand it in

This discussion has been closed.