Aspire V5-571P wifi card, Intel Chipset Drivers and miracast

Crewcutter
Crewcutter Member Posts: 12 New User

It appears I'm getting the runaround. My warranty ran out 3 days ago so now I seem to be cutoff from help through chat. A supervisor through chat said she would help me and I have not heard a word from her. I want the driver 9.0.4.1026 for my chipset on Acer Aspire V5-571P. The download center says it's available. However when I go to install it, the driver that is installed is 9.0.3.1029. My warranty on this issue should not be cut off until resolved. The supervisor also said to re-download in a few days. She said that Acer possibly had put the wrong drivers on the download center. I tried downloading 4 days later only to have it install the wrong drivers again. I have installed both automatically and manually with no luck.

Also, she said that she would help me with my wifi card issue. My internet will not stay connected. Evenmore when the laptop goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the wireless totally. I have to constantly reboot. The Atheros driver for AR5BWB2222 that is thw latest ....2076 does not work at all. However when I install an old driver like 10.0.075, 10.0.0217 or .225 or .224 I get a better response. The best I get is from 10.0.075. I never had a problem with windows 8. it was only when I upgraded to windows 8.1 that I had the problem. I have installed all the drivers both manually and automatically with no luck. Doing a web search on this topic it appears as though 1000's of people have the same issue and Acer has done nothing to fix the issue.

moreover, without the proper chipset drivers and funcioning wifi drivers my miracast wont work with my ptv3000. It too worked with your older drivers on windows 8 and older drivers. I have spent a year with Netgear trying to figure out why the ptv3000 does not work anymore. It comes down to the graphics driver, the chipset and the wifi card driver. Though .276 atheros wifi card driver dooes not work, it is the correct driver I need (possible older drivers will work). I have the correct intel graphics 4000 drivers compliments of Intel and not Acer. Now I just need the proper chipset drivers. You say you provide them yet they dont install as the updated drivers.

I am very tired of dealing with you people. Your chat line is a joke. Not one person there could help me with any of these issues. They kept giving me circles with canned scripts.

it's time Acer helps me as i will have to seek legal counsel next. As it stands word of mouth is not your strongest marketing tool.

i would nt have to be so straight forward if you would just rectifiy the problems.

I'm not computer illiterate and have done the obvious here. even turning off Power Mngt for the wifi Card and disabling bluetooth.

Please assist me.

MAS/crewcutter

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

let's first try with the chipset drivers.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_v9.4.0.1026_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635168157429887844&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-571PG&OS=81P1&LC=it&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_17

extract the files in a folder, then right click on "infinst_autol.exe" and select "create shortcut", then right click on "infinst_autol.exe - Shortcut" and select proprieties.

on target add -overall value, example:

"C:\Users\username\Documents\Chipset_Intel_v9.4.0.1026_W81x64\infinst_autol.exe" -overall

select apply then ok, now double click on "infinst_autol.exe - Shortcut" and let the drivers install and reboot when asked to do.

check drivers version.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly

you can try also, to manual install the update, here some instructions from Intel, it's for the graphic drivers but you can follow it for the chipset too:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm

• Crewcutter
    Funny when I run the Intel query it says I have the right drivers. The problem wor installing tgell
  • Crewcutter
    The problem with installing them manually is I don't know where to find the drivers with out the executables. Also my Wi-Fi toggle button is grayed out. It says the radio is on in network and sharing. It shows all the green bars. I just can't turn it on so it can see the ssid.
  • IronFly

Inside the .zip file you downloaded from Acer, there is a folder "infinst_autol.zip", unzip that and you will find the ".inf" files inside "Win7" folder to use with the manual install.

in the main folder there is also a "readme.txt" that at 9a section will give you instruction on how to manual install.

• Crewcutter
    Nothing worked even resetting back to factory. Tried installing a new Wi-Fi card but 8.1 would not let me turn the radio on
  • IronFly

Sorry to hear that.

This discussion has been closed.