Aspire V5-471 no driver for the WebCam after formating

vithorleal
vithorleal Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello!

I've recently purchased a notebook (the Acer Aspire V5-471-9_BR647 - the BR probably stands for Brazil, since I'm from Brazil and also have purchased it in the mentioned country) and it came with pre-installed Windows 8 (there were no CDs whatsoever in the box, not even for drivers...). However, since it's going to be used by my mother (and she has used Windows 7 for ages and just HAS NOT ADAPTED to Windows 8 - trust me, for her standards, she's tried A LOT!), I've decided to format it and install Windows 7. Having done the famous "Windows XP to Windows 7" formatting process so many times I believed this would be similar. Well, bottom line is: I've sucessfully installed Windows 7 64 bits on the notebook. However, I cannot find the WebCam driver for this model. All there is in Acer's Support website is a SOFTWARE (not Driver) under the "Applications" tab from Catalyst, that when I try to install it, it gives the following message "No webcam found" (or something like that). I believe that the problem is pretty simple: the computer can't find the Webcam since there's no driver installed for it. I've tried entering the Device Manager on Windows 7, but the Webcam is not even displayed under the supposed-to-be "Image Devices" (forgive any mistranslations, but I use Portuguese on my Windows 7). Where can I find a specific driver for this Notebook? I mean, if only I could find out what is the manufacturer of the WebCam, I could try and download a driver for a different notebook and hope it to work! Is there anything I can use (a software, maybe) that gives such information?

P.S.: Every other device (such as Wireless Network, LAN Network, Audio Drivers) are all working fine (since they have drivers on the Acer website. The website I refer to is this one: http://br.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/drivers (nevermind the pt/BR - I just copied and pasted) with the options: Ultra-thin -> Aspire -> Aspire V5-471. Also, the H/W Vendor program doesn't show anything apart from the Video Drivers, the LAN Network Drivers and the Wireless Network Drivers (not even the Touchpad Drivers, to which there are two possible downloads in the Acer Drivers Website - meaning I'd have to download both and try each one to see which one works...)

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Does the camera show up in device manager? You  running the utility at the link below to see who the manufacturer of the webcam is.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14387

• cbodra
    cbodra Member Posts: 4 New User

I have same problem as reported and downloaded Hardware Vendor Detection as suggested and webcam is not detected. I checked Ressource Manager and no Image Device appears, any way I downloaded Camera_Cyberlink_1.5.2624.00_W7x86W7x64_A and try to install it. Installation began, but isn´t finished. I got No WebCam found message and installation quits. What is next step?

• Blayn-Acer

You can try using Acer recovery media to install the OS and all the needed drivers. If the camera is still not working, there may be a hardware problem. If the correct driver is loaded, the camera should be recognized.

• cbodra

I havent a recovery DVD and even I have it, it will install Win 8, that I need to remove it so I can use notebook at my work. I need a Recovery DVD with WIN 7 Pro. And by the way, before buy this notebook, I checked locally in shop model and details, come to Acer web site and checked that all drivers for Win 7 Pro were available, but I didn´t paied attention about Webcam. Since I already have another Acer before and upgrade it from Win XP Pro to Win 7 Pro and get all drivers (including Crystal Eye) from Acer site I bought this one. Now I´m very disappointed with machine and can´t understand why is so difficult to make a simple built in webcam work. Checking google, using V5-471 and WebCam there are a lot of issues about, so isn´t a specific case. I was unable to found one that has a solution. All talks about a lot of suggestions, but no one effectively. What is next step? Move out of Acer as I already did with Dell (because other problems)?

• Blayn-Acer

Sorry, but we can only provide recovery disks for the software that shipped with the computer. If you are loading Windows 7, you would need to load one of the drivers from our support site http://www.acer.com. Unfortunately, other than trying different drivers, I do not have any suggestions on getting your camera to work in Windows 7, if the posted drivers will not recognize it.

• cbodra

I understand your position about recovery OS, but what i can´t agree is that there is no WEBCAM DRIVER in Acer web site. All other drivers available ate Acer web site for OS WIN 7 (64bits) were downloaded, installed and working fine. Since there is no webcam driver at Acer web site who is responsible to supply it? Me or Acer?

• Blayn-Acer

I apologize. I have sent a message to the team responsible for downloads to see if there is a driver we can post. I will provide an update as soon as I have one, but I would still recommend checking the site in 3 or 4 days to see if one has been posted.

• cbodra

Great job! I will keep checking site.

• Blayn-Acer

I confirmed with my development team that this system should not require a webcam driver, because it uses Windows inbox driver. Unfortunately, we do not have a driver to post for this system. My best suggestion would be to reinstall the original OS and see if the camera works in that environment. Unfortunately, I don't have any further suggestions for troubleshooting this issue on Windows 7.

This discussion has been closed.