Acer remote Revo RL80

Options
dibsta
dibsta Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi all I have a revRL r80 which I can't get my Acer remote to work found a couple of topics on here which I've tried but no joy.

Tried Windows 7 and 8

Thanks Dave

Answers

• dibsta
    Options
  • dibsta
    Options

Hi all its been a while

Just a update Acer have been very kind after chatting with them they have sent me new remote but

I am still in the same situation remote will not work but it will turn on my Revo but thats it once pc on remote does not work.

Also i have a Windows RC6 remote which works.

Can anyone Help

Dave

• anncert
    anncert Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I was eventually able to get Acer Remote software to work with my IPod Touch 4 gen.  First, I've noticed that Bluetooth does not work on the RL80 and Windows 8.1, but the Acer Remote Software and IOS application will work via WiFi.  Acer technical support was of no help and I eventually figured out the problem on my own. It's an authorization issue. Acer Remote uses ArcServer to communicate with your external/remote device. The problem I found was that you need to enable the ArcServer app via Windows Firewall to communicate with your private/public network. Go to Windows Firewall and enable ArcServer to communicate with at least your private WiFi network. This will enable you to controll your Acer computer with your IPod, IPhone, and Android devices using the Acer Remote App. I've only ever used IPod touch since I don't have an IPhone or Android, but it works. I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.