Acer R7 - Few questions and where to buy.

Costinutz35
Costinutz35 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Acer forums!

After hours of thinking, i picked up this the Acer R7 as it suits my needs perfectly.

It's portable, convertible and thin.

Can anyone please tell me :

Did anyone tried gaming on this one ? I'll do some CAD and Programming, and some gaming from time to time.

What experiences do you have with this laptop ?

And the last but most important:

What is it's real price and where i can buy the i7 variant ?

What do i mean with real price ? I found it at $899 with i5 and 1300+ i7.

400 bucks extra aren't worth for 1mb cache and 400mhz or less turbo boost freq.

Thank you and please excuse my broken english!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Costinutz35,

We appreciate and value your interest in our Aspire R7 notebook. As for your needs and wants the computer should be able to perform most of them but I would recommend checking the specifications of the software you are going to use with the model you choose and if they meet the software minimum specifications or exceed them, then the R7 will work well.

The price is going to be determined by the retailer for both the i5 and i7 variants. If you are unable to find them locally, then we suggest searching online retailers for a possible match to what you are looking for.

When you purchase an i7 over the i5 you are not only getting the extral cache and speed but the overall performance is much better. For a better idea of the difference I would recommend some research on the two processors. The i7 in total is a much more powerful processor but for what you are doing the i5 should perform well.

This discussion has been closed.