Acer Launch Manager version 8 for windows 8.1

Options
kirkers
kirkers Member Posts: 8 New User

I just installed Launch Manager v8 (dated April 15 2014) for my V5-573PG with Windows 8.1.

I had expected it would offer on-screen indicators for Caps Lock and Num Lock, and possibly some control over the Fn key and associated action keys.

Instead, nothing seems to happen!  If there is a control panel applet for it, I cannot find it in Control Panel or in Programmes.

Also, there appears to be no user guide for this version at all. No mention of it at all in the standarrd V3/V5 user guide online at Acer support.   So I have no idea what it is supposed to do, or how to configure it (if such a thing is possible).

Acer or knowledgeable users,  please help!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

kirkers,

I would recommend reloading your computer and defaulting back to the version of Acer Launch Manager originally installed on your product as it was qualified for the V5-573PG. I would not recommend installing a different version.

Acer Launch Manager is a background application only and does not provide any customaization to the function of the FN key combinations. Also with Windows 8 the on-screen indicators for Caps Lock and Num Lock are no longer available. This has to do with the "Windows 8 UI" as it does not allow for overlaying notifications.

Windows 8 do have a auditory notification feature (turn on toggle keys), but not a visual notification feature.

This discussion has been closed.