Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830TG RAM upgrade

Options
maghii
maghii Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my RAM from 3GB to 8GB on Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830TG.

I am planning to use 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Laptop Ram CL11 PC3-12800 1600 MHz on both slots.
I wanted to know whether this laptop supports this RAM which is of 1600Mhz frequency.

Has anyone tried upgrading this?

Best Answer

• maghii
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello all,

After my research, I have found out that acer supports max of 8GB 1333Mhz RAM, i.e. 4GB per slot for my laptop (5830TG).

Also please note the below points.

1. Max RAM memory supported by "Intel Core-i5 2410M" is 16GB but acer only recommeds and supports 8GB of RAM

2. The HM65 Express Chipset supports 16GB of RAM but acer only recommends and supports 8GB of RAM

3. The max RAM frequency supported by acer is 1333Mhz, 1600MHz is not supported since the BIOS does not allow you to use it as one guy mentioned in a forum. If you want to use 1600MHz RAM then you need to flash the BIOS which is not the right thing since there will be heat issues and laptop might stop working and it is anyway not tested and certified by acer.

This applies to anyone whose laptop contains "Intel HM65 Express Chipset" motherboard and "Intel Core-i5 2410M" processor.

I am writing this so that it will be a reference for me and people like me who are looking for upgrading their RAM.

I am planning to buy "Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.5V Notebook Memory Modules"I will update my experience with this RAM after some 4 to 6 months so that if any of you are planning to upgrade can probably take this as a starting reference.

Thank you folks.

Answers

• maghii
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello all,

After my research, I have found out that acer supports max of 8GB 1333Mhz RAM, i.e. 4GB per slot for my laptop (5830TG).

1. Max RAM memory supported by "Intel Core-i5 2410M" is 16GB but acer only recommeds and supports 8GB of RAM

2. The HM65 Express Chipset supports 16GB of RAM but acer only recommends and supports 8GB of RAM

3. The max RAM frequency supported by acer is 1333Mhz, 1600MHz is not supported since the BIOS does not allow you to use it as one guy mentioned in a forum. If you want to use 1600MHz RAM then you need to flash the BIOS which is not the right thing since there will be heat issues and laptop might stop working and it is anyway not tested and certified by acer.

This applies to anyone whose laptop contains "Intel HM65 Express Chipset" motherboard and "Intel Core-i5 2410M" processor.

I am writing this so that it will be a reference for me and people like me who are looking for upgrading their RAM.

I am planning to buy "Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.5V Notebook Memory Modules"I will update my experience with this RAM after some 4 to 6 months so that if any of you are planning to upgrade can probably take this as a starting reference.

Thank you folks.

• samdash
    samdash Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Hello Maghii

I saw your post today since I felt the need of upgrading my laptops ram .

Do you have any feedback on Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.5V Notebook Memory Modules ram .

Please let me know if this is good or I should look for some better option. 

regards

maghii wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you folks.

• maghii
    Options

Hi Samdash,

I am using 'Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.5V Notebook Memory Modules ram" and it is good. I did not face any issues so far using this RAM. You can go for it.

Sorry for the late reply, I saw the post now. I hope this helps.

• samdash
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation . However I am stuck at one place , my system has the same configuration as your and I could find from web that the ram frequency should be of ddr3 1066 (pc3 8500) but you have suggested DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) . Can you please clarify regarding these 2 things or will it make any difference if I go with anyone of the above ?

regards

Sambit

• maghii
    Options

Hi Samdash,

I am using the ram bought from below link.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300918080437&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:IN:1123

I started using from decemeber and I am replying from my laptop which contains the same RAM. It is working fine. RAM frequency that I am using is DDR3 1333MT/s. There should no problem.

However if you have any further doubt then visit http://www.crucial.com/ and then you can enter your laptop details. Then the site itself will suggest you the RAM frequency which is best suitable to your laptop.

I hope this solves your doubt. Please check and let me know.

• samdash
    Options

hi Maghii

Sorry for the delay in reply . I checked in ebay for the crucial brand but its no more available . I checked in flipkart , amazon but all in vain . What I could see among the brands availability is Corsair,Kingston & Transcend . Please suggest which brand would be good as I have no idea at all related to rams .

I did an enquiry at the Acer service centre and they said whatever Acer would suggest they will install and mostly they suggest Transcend .

So I am just confused , please help Smiley Happy

Regards

• maghii
    Options

While seeing posts in many forums I see Corsair is good. But Kingston and Transcend are also ok.

I think by now you might have bought the RAM. I am answering anyway.

May be you can follow the advice of Acer since they might support you in future

If you are ready to take the plunge then go for Corsair.

• preetamnegi7
    preetamnegi7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i Purchased ram to upgrade my system ram which is of 1600 mhz hynix n woking f9 since one year
This discussion has been closed.