Acer Aspire 4736G auto shut down problem

Options
Loo
Loo Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought the Acer Aspire 4736G from Acer, but it will automatic shut down and difficult to switch on. Anyone can advise on how to troubleshoot it?

1) The symptoms start with it automatically shut down in very random manners during power with battery. There is no error message and also no warning, it just shuts off like that. When restart again, it works fine. 
2) After some times, it become could not start up using battery. It must be connected with an AC power even though the battery is full. After taking out the AC power, the computer works fine, with random shut down like (1). 
3) All of the above last for a few months, until it become worst on last few weeks. It automatically shut down even with AC power connected. It does not have any warning/error message. After I consult with my friend and some acer user in internet, they advise me to use an external fan/cooling pad to lower down the temparature but it also couldn't solve the problem.
4) Until now, it has difficulties in switching on, it need to switch on several times until it can boot on. After boot on, it only can run for several minute, then it shut down again.
I am having dual boot in my notebook, both windows 7 and Ubuntu facing the same problems. I couldn't even browse internet using it.

Answers

• chinyenchai
    chinyenchai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi Loo, I had the same problem; sent to acer support service and they declare motherboard requires replacement and charged it for RM600.

I believed the onboard GPU is having problem. A lot web comments this model is well known with this issue. Mr. Google will give you more insight of your described issue which Highpoint/Acer been denying its product quality at stake unless it remarked from Acer themselves which I doubt they will do so!

The appointed service center, Highpoint, has no information about the durability of MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) on its hardware and unsure the durability of laptop when running on high utilization of GPU with 3D graphics application/game.

If you plan to send to Acer service center, do pay attention to the service policy set by Acer, any part of the replacement made, the faulty unit became Acer/Highpoint property. Does that implicate to any hidden message? This has turn into my personal dramas experience with them when this out of norm procedure was not being emphasized and not known by some of the support staffs.

This discussion has been closed.