ATC-605-UB11 Reboot

Options
ATC_605
ATC_605 Member Posts: 3 New User

Was setting up new Aspire TC-650 computer -- did not complete set-up when power went out. When I turn the computer on, it goes to a black screem with a message about rebooting the system, and to select the proper reboot deivce. No matter what I do, I cannot get past this screen. Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to try?

thanks.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I would suggest trying to get the system to fail to boot 3 times to see if it will enter recovery mode. To do this, power the system completely down. Then, power the system on and after 2 seconds, hold the power key until it shuts off. Do this procedure 3 times, and you should be able to restore the operating system. If this does not work, please let me know and we can try something else.

• ATC_605
    Options

Nope, this did not work, still coming up with the same message.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Are you able to get into the BIOS on the system? To do this, completely power the system off, then when you power it on, press the Delete key when you see the Acer screen. Once in the BIOS, reset to defaults, save and exit the changes and see if the system will boot.

If this does not resolve your issue, you may need to contact technical support to inquire about ordering recovery media to load the operating system.

• ATC_605
    Options

I have already tried that to no avail.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

How to access Acer System Recovery Partition :

1. Press the Power button to start the PC
    2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
    3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
    4. Click OK to continue
    5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
    6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

that should resolve it.

This discussion has been closed.