wireless stopped working

acerdeville
acerdeville Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi, I have a Aspire 5732z, dual booting Windows 7, and Ubuntu Linux. The other day, out of nowhere the wireless disconnected, a few minutes later it reconnected, then disconnected again, rinse, and repeat. It is doing the same thing in both Windows, and Linux. So I'm afraid it's a hardware issue, what would be the easiest way to check the adapter itself. I can't see the drivers going out in both OS's at the same time, I've been dual booting this way for over a year so I don't think that could be the issue. 

Answers

• I would suspect either a hardware failure or loose connection.

I don't have your exact model details to hand but I believe your WiFi card is accessible if you remove the HDD cover.

If that is the case, I would remove and refit the card and also check the two antenna cables (you should note the orientation - they are not reversible).

Note that I am not encouraging you to do this! Should you attempt this, you would do so entirely at your own risk.

• GGsAcer
    GGsAcer Member Posts: 19 New User

It could also be your wireless router; perhaps it's faulty or other machines are interrupting the signals e.g. Microwave ovens.

Go to a friends house and try out their router and if it still fails, it really is your wireless. However, if it works flawlessly, then buy another router or move your current router away from machines that can interfer with wireless signals.

This discussion has been closed.